Dad and Little Sister

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad grew up in New York City. He would be 100 if he were still alive. My parents loved to dine out and when old loved the early bird specials. He was a man of a thousand accents and always thought everyone around him would think he quite hilarious. He actually was always outgoing and loved by all. I can remember my sister as an adult telling me she was crying in embarrassment when he spoke to the staff at a Chinese restaurant with a Chinese accent. I did witness this also and it was embarrassing. He meant no slight he just thought he was oh so funny. But I still miss him.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am much more like my mom. I was not the son my father wanted, dad wanted someone who played sports,hunted, fished and chased anything in a dress. I liked art, books, music and animals.
That was tough on that generation.Today's Dad's are more enlightened. We are all more enlightened.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am much more like my mom. I was not the son my father wanted, dad wanted someone who played sports,hunted, fished and chased anything in a dress. I liked art, books, music and animals.
While you and @catjac1975 are right here and have drifted just a little way from the subject ...

What do you think of this? "The idea of "talent" is toxic to childhood development" http://ti.me/2mzS6le . I was thinking about Cat' after I read this. I wish that they would have left the picture on the webpage of all the cute little kids singing.

Steve

Latest posts