Dad and Little Sister

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
While you and @catjac1975 are right here and have drifted just a little way from the subject ...

What do you think of this? "The idea of "talent" is toxic to childhood development" http://ti.me/2mzS6le . I was thinking about Cat' after I read this. I wish that they would have left the picture on the webpage of all the cute little kids singing.

Steve
As with most things the expression of creativity in children can be stifled by adults.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy, did your mom cook for and serve your dad? Lots of old men are accustomed to being waited on hand and foot by their wives. When the wife dies, they choose the next best thing (the corner café), and don't want to have to go elsewhere where they must make choices, not be able to read the menu, can't hear the waitress, bad lighting, too expensive, the food tastes funny, etc.
Add your dad's and sis's Italian stubbornness and you have a dead-lock.
At least now your sis knows. Maybe next time she will see things differently.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep mom cooked and served dad. Just found out last night my mothers cousin who older then my dad was thrown out by his son, moved in with my dad. My dad felt sorry for him he was crying and homeless.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh. That's so sad. Good on your dad for taking him in. It might be a good thing for them both to have the company of a person who you have a long history and so many ties to.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yikes!

And, I thought my family has problems.

I'd guess that this cousin's son is in his 70's ... 80?!

Steve

Latest posts