Dahlia tubers for sale

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will be digging up Dahlia tubers from about 1,200 plants (about 80 varieties) this week......tuber prices range from $2.00-$6.00 each depending on variety. Discount on larger orders..... Please contact me here or e-mail: irishacres@hotmail.com
7566_dahlias_2011_010.jpg

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart Red, Do you have a variety/color that you prefer? Bloom size? I have varieties that range from 2 in. blooms to up over 12 in. and in most colors and color combinations. Bloom shapes are different as well....Formal shape...Cactus, Anemone, Collarette, Semi-Cactus, Informal.....just to name a few shapes. I also have some varieties with the almost BLACK foliage. Do you know how many tubers you may want? I am going to have a "Grab-all-bag" assortment mix (My choice...may have a few duplicates). No two orders will be the same....they will consist of several of my VERY productive varieties (2 in. - 6 in. size blooms) a nice assortment....varieties will be labeled.....20 tubers for $45 plus $5.00 shipping.... most of these tubers are from recognized "show" varieties with the "American Dahlia Society". I will also send a note with discriptions of the varieties that you receive. I can give a bigger price break in larger quantity order....depends on how many you want and how much space you have to plant Dahlias....:D. I'm limited to about 2,000-3,000 plants only because of the time and physical work it takes to maintain this many... in a few years I may have to limit my work load. You may choose varieties from the "Dahlia" thread that I've posted earlier. I hope this helps and that I can assist you in expanding your Dahlia bed(s) next Spring. Please keep me posted, Rusty Hart (Irish Acres) irishacres@hotmail.com
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_072.jpg

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
oooohhh! sounds like a good deal here Rusty! i'll probably take you up on that 20 tuber deal! tough i have to get through the holidays so maybe i'll nudge a family member looking for a gift for me to get it! :lol: i'm told i'm so hard to buy things for gifts. i'm really not that difficult, i just don't get plants or gardening stuff that's useful this time of year that anyone seems to think of! :rolleyes:

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
oooohhh! sounds like a good deal here Rusty! i'll probably take you up on that 20 tuber deal! tough i have to get through the holidays so maybe i'll nudge a family member looking for a gift for me to get it! :lol: i'm told i'm so hard to buy things for gifts. i'm really not that difficult, i just don't get plants or gardening stuff that's useful this time of year that anyone seems to think of! :rolleyes:
:D:D:DYou sound like me....I always ask for pratical gifts (for me):/........I once asked my mom for a trash can for Christmas to store my chicken feed in....I got it! A few years ago I received a couple of garden hoses that I requested...... Tractor Supply and Home Depot Gift certificates are ALWAYS welcomed....;);)....hint, hint, to any of your family.....and any of my family who may be reading as well. For me.....bags of chicken feed, pine shavings, sheep minerals, chick grit, potting soil, any art supplies (for my illustrations) are gifts that would make me VERY happy. I would be happier with a bag of chicken feed than a new pair of pants or shirt. In return...I try to buy practical gifts for my friends and family as well..... Holidays are where the HEART is and those who love you and know where your heart is will help make your Christmas a wonderful time and ever lasting memory. I'll keep my fingers crossed!;) Your Dahlia buddy, Rusty Me and "Irish Acres Highland Miracle".....she's spoiled rotten.
7566_sheep_2011b_018.jpg

seedcrazy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
OMG it looks SO cuddly. That orange dahlia is absolutely gorgeous. I am going to have to think if I have a big enough spot anywhere to put 20 more dahlia tubers. LOL And I too am one of those asking for gardening stuff (could care less about clothes, etc.) I am going to tell a few of my friends about this post too.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of my family members thought I was quite funny (or crazy) when my favorite Christmas gift was a heated chicken waterer. Rusty-Hate to be stupid .Is that a sheep? Is it sheared for wool? It is beautiful-I would love to knit with that fiber!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcrazy said:
OMG it looks SO cuddly. That orange dahlia is absolutely gorgeous. I am going to have to think if I have a big enough spot anywhere to put 20 more dahlia tubers. LOL And I too am one of those asking for gardening stuff (could care less about clothes, etc.) I am going to tell a few of my friends about this post too.
Thanks, The Orange Dahlia is "Color Spectacle" ....it usually has white tipped petals but this one is solid Orange.....it produces like crazy. I've been digging tubers all day and prob. will for the next few days. I would have more than enough tubers if any of your friends would be interested as well. Thanks....:)

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Some of my family members thought I was quite funny (or crazy) when my favorite Christmas gift was a heated chicken waterer. Rusty-Hate to be stupid .Is that a sheep? Is it sheared for wool? It is beautiful-I would love to knit with that fiber!
I've received poultry supplies as well....Yes...that is a sheep. They are used for meat and their wool....(Tweed). The breed is "Scottish Blackface".....I've had the breed for about 17 years. Here is a photo of some of the sheep on Spring pasture. Enjoy!!!
7566_sheep_2011_014.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stunning view-gorgeous animals.
RustyDHart said:
catjac1975 said:
I've received poultry supplies as well....Yes...that is a sheep. They are used for meat and their wool....(Tweed). The breed is "Scottish Blackface".....I've had the breed for about 17 years. Here is a photo of some of the sheep on Spring pasture. Enjoy!!!http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7566_sheep_2011_014.jpg

Latest posts