Dahlia tubers for sale

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
RustyDHart said:
Smart Red, Do you have a variety/color that you prefer? Bloom size? I have varieties that range from 2 in. blooms to up over 12 in. and in most colors and color combinations. Bloom shapes are different as well....Formal shape...Cactus, Anemone, Collarette, Semi-Cactus, Informal.....just to name a few shapes. I also have some varieties with the almost BLACK foliage.
I have red patio 'button' flowers, red, orange/yellow, and light purple dinner plates as well as white cactus. That's it! The others have disappeared over the years. I am game for anything different.

While I'd love dozens more dahlias, I keep them in one - easy to dig - bed of limited size. I like your $45 grab bag idea. Thanks!

Love, Smart Red

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
such gorgeous sheep Rusty! i'm just starting to learn how to spin my own yarn. just have to get the wheel to make it go quicker! hubby already has the tie-dying supplies to color any raw or un-dyed wool i'm able to get. i've found some roving online to help get me started with the basics of spinning. this year i'd like to make a few practical gifts for family members i know who will appreciate it! (i was actually hoping to figure out how to make a pair or Newfie mittens!)

we have an alpaca farm up the hill from our house and there are a few farms with them around the area. but the sheep and goat wool seems to be nicer and softer when i've seen it at local fairs. it's just we don't have many sheep farmers in the area anymore that sell raw wool. :(

now that we have a Tractor Supply going in our town i'm going to recommend them for gift cards. though i still like to get my gift certificate for the feed store too! :lol: my mom usually gives me money for Black Friday to put towards my chicken feed (a slightly late birthday gift and the feed store does a huge sale that day).

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
A fiend of mine buys alpaca yarn from a place in Ohio. They send their fiber to another country for the spinning. She actually had her poodle's hair blended with alpaca.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
such gorgeous sheep Rusty! i'm just starting to learn how to spin my own yarn. just have to get the wheel to make it go quicker! hubby already has the tie-dying supplies to color any raw or un-dyed wool i'm able to get. i've found some roving online to help get me started with the basics of spinning. this year i'd like to make a few practical gifts for family members i know who will appreciate it! (i was actually hoping to figure out how to make a pair or Newfie mittens!)

we have an alpaca farm up the hill from our house and there are a few farms with them around the area. but the sheep and goat wool seems to be nicer and softer when i've seen it at local fairs. it's just we don't have many sheep farmers in the area anymore that sell raw wool. :(

now that we have a Tractor Supply going in our town i'm going to recommend them for gift cards. though i still like to get my gift certificate for the feed store too! :lol: my mom usually gives me money for Black Friday to put towards my chicken feed (a slightly late birthday gift and the feed store does a huge sale that day).
Let me know when you are ready to spin....I'll send you some free Blackface fleece for you to practise with. The Blackface wool is unique in that it has some fibers that will take up most of the dye and some will take a partial bit of the dye and some won't take it at all....that is why "Tweed" has it's unique variegated color blend. My breed has a long, coarser wool...I have had a staple length of over 12 inches on a ewe's fleece...Deirdre is her name....this is her:
7566_sheep_2011_054.jpg
She is also the September page of the 2012 Backyard Herds Group Calendar.....great ewe!!!!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm sending out a few early tuber orders this week and was wondering if anyone else wanted some sent this week as well.....(?) I want to send them out before we get any real cold weather for those who want to get them early.....Thanks for your orders and business, best to all, Rusty:)
7566_dahlias_2011_001.jpg

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh man... those flowers are beautiful! Too bad an ex of my husbands ruined those flowers for me... (long story... LOL)

Those sheep are GORGEOUS!! I wish I could knit... my neighbor has said that she will teach me, and she does all of that stuff!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
Rusty, are you still doing these packs of tubers?
I'm not sure about the cold weather,...how well any tubers would do being mailed now. I could try...but wouldn't know if they'd freeze in transit. There are about 2,000 lbs. of tubers in my basement. Let me know...how is the weather in your neck of the woods? Rusty

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Oh man... those flowers are beautiful! Too bad an ex of my husbands ruined those flowers for me... (long story... LOL)

Those sheep are GORGEOUS!! I wish I could knit... my neighbor has said that she will teach me, and she does all of that stuff!
We can get you fixed up with more Dahlia tubers whenever you'd like. If not now...maybe next Spring. Glad you liked the flowers and the sheep. Keep us posted, Rusty:) This is "Worton Blue Streak"....
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_096.jpg

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
RustyDHart said:
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
Rusty, are you still doing these packs of tubers?
I'm not sure about the cold weather,...how well any tubers would do being mailed now. I could try...but wouldn't know if they'd freeze in transit. There are about 2,000 lbs. of tubers in my basement. Let me know...how is the weather in your neck of the woods? Rusty
it's been in the 50's around here the past couple days. we had a dusting of snow on Saturday.

Latest posts