Dandelion flowers...How do YOU eat them?

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, what is there NOT to LOVE about ducks? Although I don't have any tame ones right now, our pond has lots of wild duck families hatching eggs right now! The mama's and daddy's fly into our yard in the evenings to eat the left over bird food. I am sure this is the only time the moms leave their nests because we never see them on the pond, just the dads. I can't wait to see their hatchlings! (Mallards, I think.) :)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
headred said:
My daughter likes dandelion leaves, I think she just steams them. Look at her website, www.lonelilly.com as she just blogged about this and some other wild greens.
that is a wonderful webpage and I am rolling about Portland not having fat people when the sun is out OMG that is so true!!!!! I spend a lot of time there and he blog is so right on

we birdwatch on Sauvie island!

anyway thanks I am just going to saute a few flowers in some butter with some leaves and eat them tomorrow

nothing to loose everything to gain!

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ok..Had to ask a "dumb" question..... The dandelions that just sprout up in the yard willy nilly??? seriously??? Is there a part of it you shouldn't eat?
I have a veritable smorgasbord in my yard and didn't know it.....Can you eat too many will they make you sick if you do????
Thanks in Advance

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not a dumb question because I asked the same one right before I started this thread. Yes, you are right...as long as your yard wasn't treated with pestisides or chemicals :sick. ;) Eat all of the parts sept the stems! The bigger the leaves, the more bitter though.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh, then look on sufficientself.com (Look up there in this screens top right corner for the ad), they have more info on eating dandelions and other weeds :lol: .

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:weee awsome!!! I will have to go "harvest" :tools as soon as there isn't a mudslide in my yard. LOL Central Illinois + storms last night = big muddy mess. But thank goodness that's all and no bad damage.

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just went to the site and now I have yet another forum to be addicted to :caf ...Thanks.. JK I love all the info from these sites!!!:bow

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just one little side effect of eating the laves that I think you should know! :old

The translation of the French nickname for them is ' piss in the bed ', they have diuretic properties..........!! The French also blanch them, usually with a soup plate for a while. I have never come across the flowers being eaten but maybe.......!? :idunno

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts