Dandelion flowers...How do YOU eat them?

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
H t H,

I just pluck up the flowers and pop them in my mouth! Really good in salad too. Try it!;)

"piss the bed" :lol: :gig

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
dipence71 said:
Just went to the site and now I have yet another forum to be addicted to :caf ...Thanks.. JK I love all the info from these sites!!!:bow
I wonder to myself how I ever lived without these sites?!!

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
LOL me too. My DH thinks I am nuts but then again I kinda am lol....
Between my chicken babies and my garden I leave little time for "regular stuff lol. Except these forums lol...But that is where I am learning so much information that he is also impressed lol.:tools He even asked me yesterday if I would like him to buy me this tiller thingy.. It is a Sthil?sp brand weed eater but has attachments you can get for it and one is a tiller
I can't handle the big one we have lol. Sooo I said maybe so, we will see if he buys it for me (ohhh wouldn't it be nice not to have to wait on him to till my stufff oooohhhhh I really hope he gets it now that he has my hopes up lol):pop

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
dipence71 said:
LOL me too. My DH thinks I am nuts but then again I kinda am lol....
Between my chicken babies and my garden I leave little time for "regular stuff lol. Except these forums lol...But that is where I am learning so much information that he is also impressed lol.:tools He even asked me yesterday if I would like him to buy me this tiller thingy.. It is a Sthil?sp brand weed eater but has attachments you can get for it and one is a tiller
I can't handle the big one we have lol. Sooo I said maybe so, we will see if he buys it for me (ohhh wouldn't it be nice not to have to wait on him to till my stufff oooohhhhh I really hope he gets it now that he has my hopes up lol):pop
Ok so I played all innocent and was like ya sure maybe(I figured I would hate the thing because I had wanted a mantis for YEARS and he just said they were stupid and not any good) But this one they are now selling at HIS work and his coworker bought one and liked it soooo...

He brought it home woohoo!!! :weee I "tilled" :mow my garden yesterday and a patch for my potatoes and got them planted and tilled an area for my strawberries. I had to refill the thing like 5 times with gas LOL.. I really like it. I think it is kinda like the "mantis" one only it is a Stihl? and I think it is probably heavier than a mantis but it seems to work great. Not as good as a regular size tiller as I cant control that thing and of course takes longer because it is small er but it seems perfect for me anyway. I was out in the garden from like 9 to 3 using it and planting and staking stuff!!!! DH got home and was impressed :ep I did the WHOLE garden :tools. (oops maybe I should have just done 1/2 now he will expect too much lol :smack)

I think he is finally getting on board:)fl) with me doing some stuff like that and that I need certain "tools" around here to like he has the mower/push mower/ weed eater/various jacks/tools/drills/sawsall ect ect....
Ps: I used the sawsall for the first time myself yesterday and made nesting boxes for my chickens LOL I figured he would get mad but oh well.. My DD11 ratted me out to him and when he came in he said " hey I think when I get home tomorrow I will get those nesting boxes done" I was all like "ok"....Knowing she ratted me out (she can't keep secrets lol)
So he was all what did you use how did you cut it blah blah but wasn't mad at all... :love

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
Hi there ! :frow

I knew a recipe would turn up eventually; here it is:
http://www.familyherbalremedies.com/dandelion_recipes.html

Hope it helps. Happy Gardening & preserving. :frow
:rose Hattie :rose
oh Hattie that looks like a very adorable nosh! I am going to try them at my next gathering and see the expressions of folks when I serve them ..how cute they look!

thank you so much!

Gazinga

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ok guys, im very interested in the dandelion wine, however....i cant locate a gallon of yellow dandelion flowers in one day, sooooo, how do i save teh flowers until i can gather teh required amount for what ever recipie i choose? Freeze them?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would prepare the flowers before I froze them. As far as I remember you have to take off any green bits because they make the wine bitter. it would be very difficult to do that once frozen.

I also would not keep the frozen petals too long but I'm pretty sure it will work.

GOOD LUCK! :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose