Daughter invited me to come for a ride.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Pretty sure they got them from Sears & Roebuck

This particular Sears buggy is a 1908 Cabriolet Surry. A surrey is a horse drawn buggy for two people generally used as a pleasure vehicle as opposed to a work wagon. It is a four wheeled buggy. Many a frontier ranch or farm had a Sears Surrey to get to town or to use for Sunday church attendance. Sears & Roebuckfor example, advertised a similar model for $16.75 in 1908.

https://westerntrips.blogspot.com/2012/12/horse-buggies.html

Oooff Amom ```

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I don't know what those things are worth but I imagine there can't be too many of them. Thus making the price go up. The one she got looks really nice. It's worth the price to me. I would pay that much for something rare and in good condition.

Mary

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I drank too much coffee today ~ I guess you could tell ``` I 'm making bread ~ I've been attempting to make a certain type of bread ~ The first try came out "0" the next 87% ~ next one will be great I thought ~ no ~ it was down to 50% ~ we'll see what today brings ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I drank too much coffee today ~ I guess you could tell ``` I 'm making bread ~ I've been attempting to make a certain type of bread ~ The first try came out "0" the next 87% ~ next one will be great I thought ~ no ~ it was down to 50% ~ we'll see what today brings ```

what kind of bread are you attempting? i'm not sure what percentages mean when it comes down to bread. % of rise? % of acceptable? % of fantastic? :)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's a flat wide soft bread with crisp crust ~ madnakash by name ~ kinda French texture ~ I've made a mess of it so far ~ I've two raising now ~ we'll see ``` acceptable ~ I burned the 1st one to charcoal ~ 2nd was promising ~ 3rd disappointing ```

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a brandy would make for bread beyond charred if i had one right now. i'm ready for a nap/sleep for the evening and it's only 9pm here. are you using wood stove?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a real nice buggy and I think it was a good price. In no time at all, she'll have a horse hitched to it and trained to pull it where ever she wants to go.

Your girls are independent, strong willed women. You have done a great job of raising them.

Latest posts