Daylight Savings Time

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Yeah, that was a facetious letter. I'm tempted to send it to the Republican candidates to see which ones bite on this "Liberal" plot.

I don't want to start a political rant with that joke. If I had something equally silly called a "Conservative" plot, I'd be equally tempted to send that to the Democrats.
:clap

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Yeah, that was a facetious letter. I'm tempted to send it to the Republican candidates to see which ones bite on this "Liberal" plot.

I don't want to start a political rant with that joke. If I had something equally silly called a "Conservative" plot, I'd be equally tempted to send that to the Democrats.
Actually, I'd be more worried that the far left wingnuts would pounce on it as gospel truth. Remember, it's NOT Global Warming anymore. It's now Climate Change, this way they can be right no matter what happens including the Little Ice Age.

SD - follower of the Little Ice Age scenario :hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that altho' the extra 3 weeks in March and the extra 2 weeks in November (approximately) was mandated in the Energy Policy Act of 2005. That law was passed and signed into law during a time when our more conservative party controlled both Congress & the White House.

The original Standard Time Act of 1918, establishing the 1st daylight savings time, was known as the Calder Act. William Calder was a Republican senator.

And, the start of the 2012 growing season had better not be a repeat of the last 2 when the mini-Ice Age was right here (while the rest of the country baked under record heat) :(!

Steve
rainstorms today with high winds ;), 36 & snow promised! ETA: I'm blaming Canada!

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'd like to get a real summer this year. I think there were 2 days last year that I went without a sweatshirt.

This week looks to be mid-upper 60's which is INSANE for northern MN!!!!! If only this could be setting the tone for the season!

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
MI had a hotter than usual summer last year, after the late cold and rain finally stopped. And where my garden is there was no easy way to get water to it so pretty much the cukes, zukes and pumpkins were a disaster. Pumpkins turned out the best. DOn't think DST helped one way or another though. :idunno

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I'd just like to point out that altho' the extra 3 weeks in March and the extra 2 weeks in November (approximately) was mandated in the Energy Policy Act of 2005. That law was passed and signed into law during a time when our more conservative party controlled both Congress & the White House.

The original Standard Time Act of 1918, establishing the 1st daylight savings time, was known as the Calder Act. William Calder was a Republican senator.
Yep, right or left there's no shortage of idjits.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like to know how some of your clocks set themselves automatically? Yeah, you probably already figured out that it is a radio thing.

Smithsonian: How Do Some Clocks Set Themselves?

Here is the radio station near Denver: Radio Station WWV

edited: You knooooww, I live on a line just east of Los Angeles. (about same longitude as San Diego. One of my idjits relatives: we call her idjits digitS' :), wanted to know why it isn't warm here since we are on the same line as San Diego . . . LOL!!). Anyway, why would Arizona go with Pacific Time at this time of year rather than staying with Mountain Time since Denver is the center of time keeping in North America??? Dang, it must be a fight keeping Arizona clocks from changing . . . LOL!

Steve

kevs-chickadees

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nope, not a fight at all. At least now when there are posts they match the clock on my screen.:D

Latest posts