Daylight Savings Time

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was born and raised on a farm and have been farming all of my life. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DST!!!! I can actually enjoy the livestock in the twilight of the evening after all of my chores are done just grazing in the pasture while sitting in my chair on my deck with an adult beverage in my hand. PRICELESS !!! :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Artificial constructs over natural resources by whoever claims ownership ...

Here's a mystery: How was it possible for Alaska to lose 2 time zones in 1983?

Where did they go? Alaska Hysterical Society

;) Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Day Light Savings Time, does nothing, changes nothing but the time some wakes, works or eats. The sun has no idea this is being done nor do plants and animals. There are towns that pay no attention to, what one town calls Fools Time, they open stores, schools and whatever one hour sooner or later to avoid it disrupting the peace of their community.

For the two decades that followed World War II, Congress continued to recognize that Alaska had only one time zone-U.S. Standard Alaska Time, which was two hours slower than Pacific Standard Time. Alaskans, however, conveniently ignored the officially-designated time zone. Telegraph offices, radio stations, road maps, and other media recognized four Alaska time zones during this period, just as they had since 1940. Alaska’s time zones were Pacific Time in southeastern Alaska south of Icy Strait; Yukon Time in Skagway and Yakutat; Alaska Time for everything from the 141st to the 162nd meridian, and Bering Time west of Alaska time. For more than twenty years after V-J Day, no Alaska communities observed daylight saving time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My corp headquarters is in Az. They don't do the time change thing. I always have the worst time when I have to call in for conference calls or training... am I 3hrs behind? 2 hrs behind? 4 hrs behind?????

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My corp headquarters is in Az. They don't do the time change thing. I always have the worst time when I have to call in for conference calls or training... am I 3hrs behind? 2 hrs behind? 4 hrs behind?????

wait.....
THAT's what the problem is - I'm not behind at all! They are!!!
no wonder that I always miss the calls.....
:hu

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a quick way to check local time ..

. if'n you know where your clients are when you need to call, @Nyboy .

Time and Date also has some apps you can put in your phone.

Steve

Latest posts