Decisions Decisions Decisions

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
They sound lovely Mary. Of the 4 your like I'd leave out he yellow. Apricot/pink/blush sounds like a pretty combination. DH wants to try roses again. Do not know why as we have killed or let die at least 2 dozen roses in the last 35 years!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, the yellow rose has won numerous awards, including the fragrance one. That's why I'm leaning towards it. But you have a point since my yellow yarrow will be on the sides of them. That's why I thought of putting the yellow in the middle. So it wouldn't be touching another yellow flower.

Nyboy, no deer here just racoons and possums.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think one of the most common things that happens with roses is that the grafted branches die off and the rootstock sends up sprouts of "no telling what." These volunteers from the root stock are often remarkably vigorous, and soon you have a bush of unattractive, unfragrant roses.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like deer too @bobm ... when they are in the freezer.

@ninnymary , Beautiful roses ! ... I tend to like contrast in the garden, so my vote goes for different colors.
They also may have a bit different times for flushes of blooms to keep the color going.
I have to see them together.. not sure if this will work ...
David Austin Roses

yup, it worked ... pretty!
At least two of them are offered 'own root'

Last edited:

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They sound lovely Mary. Of the 4 your like I'd leave out he yellow. Apricot/pink/blush sounds like a pretty combination. DH wants to try roses again. Do not know why as we have killed or let die at least 2 dozen roses in the last 35 years!

Have you tried Griffith Buck Roses ?

I gave up on the hybrid teas and other tender types years ago, too much Fall maintenance for me. The sub-zero shrub blooms are not quite as large usually, but they are so much less work and most are very disease resistant.
I see @Ridgerunner has knockout roses, was wondering how they held up in the heat.

Latest posts