Detection of electrical signaling between tomato plants raises interesting questions

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And you thought you knew a little about rich soil? Hold onto your hosepipe because this fungi is for you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back when i wore those confounded things, i tied up my tomatoes with pantyhose. If i didn't have enough, i used string. I noticed that the pantyhose tied tomatoes were bigger, the plant was bigger and healthier than the string tied tomatoes. So, were the pantyhose conductors of electrical impulses? I would think so, given that pantyhose always had static electricity when coming out of the clothes dryer. Just my observation from years ago.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Back when i wore those confounded things, i tied up my tomatoes with pantyhose. If i didn't have enough, i used string. I noticed that the pantyhose tied tomatoes were bigger, the plant was bigger and healthier than the string tied tomatoes. So, were the pantyhose conductors of electrical impulses? I would think so, given that pantyhose always had static electricity when coming out of the clothes dryer. Just my observation from years ago.
I was told that while I could easily get through a day without sex, the same is not true about a good, deep rationalization.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Dirtmechanic , have you read the book "Secrets of the Soil"? It is full of some pretty amazing stuff that has been used for a long time. One in particular that I sort of remember was burying a cow horn filled with manure. For what purpose, I can't remember. 🙄 One has to put their sense of what's possible versus what's probable away while reading it, but still a good book.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can only marvel. Imagine sticking electrodes in the ground to say "Hi Y'all" to your plants. Ask around and see who feels poorly, stuff like that.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So posters like me comefrom parents who let their children watch schlock like this movie. And the blob. etc...

220px-Dayofthetriffids.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Dirtmechanic , have you read the book "Secrets of the Soil"? It is full of some pretty amazing stuff that has been used for a long time. One in particular that I sort of remember was burying a cow horn filled with manure. For what purpose, I can't remember. 🙄 One has to put their sense of what's possible versus what's probable away while reading it, but still a good book.

that sounds like what is often called biodynamics or something like that. pretty much what it is for is increasing the diversity in what is often otherwise degraded situation.

Latest posts