Dews laid up a bit

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That type of pain sounds like mine when I had the 3 tears on my shoulder. Two were on my rotator cuff and the third was on my labrum. Only an MRI can show them. I had 2 surgeons give me their opinions. One right away said he was very conservative when it came to surgeries and said he wouldn't do it unless the pain was so bad that I couldn't sleep at night. Told him I could handle it. The first therapist I went to was a quack, the second one was amazing! With PT, exercises from my coach, and time, I believe the rotator cuff tears have healed. I was told the labrum tear would not. I am now pain free and can do everything with my shoulder.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The problem I'm having is deep in my left shoulder. It almost feels like the bones are rubbing together. The physical therapist was having me to some exercise on a machine like a bike, man that made me cry. I told him I couldnt do that and some of the other things I was doing made it hurt worse than before I went to therapy. He ordered an MRI but they couldnt do it with the dye, I'm allergic so need premedicated, maybe I can get a new MRI with the dye and hopefully find the problem. It seems that no one wants to listen to me, it's my body, I think I know where it hurts the worst.
The listening part is the worst. My hip pain was always met with blank stares. My chiropractor saved me.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The listening part is the worst. My hip pain was always met with blank stares. My chiropractor saved me.
That is evactly the same look I'm getting @catjac1975 and it's very irritating. My family dr is on vacation until later this week so I have to suffer with the pain until he gets back and helps me get a referral done. I canceled the surgery today. I told the surgical coordinator if the surgeon had questions he could call me> I honestly doubt he will call me to find out whats going on.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The biggest problem with telling a professional where it hurts is that sometimes what is damaged is causing the pain somewhere else. Never a reason for the therapist or doctor to ignore you, though. I guess sometimes they think they know physiology and musculature better than we do, and discount our opinion.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The biggest problem with telling a professional where it hurts is that sometimes what is damaged is causing the pain somewhere else. Never a reason for the therapist or doctor to ignore you, though. I guess sometimes they think they know physiology and musculature better than we do, and discount our opinion.
That is so right. When my right arm (diagnosed as bursitis) hurt half way between the shoulder and the elbow, I was told that's because the muscles are connected to the bone down there. When the right arm (diagnosed as degenerative bone disease) hurt down in the same place I was told it was for the same reason.

No reason the doctor could come up with for why both the "bursitis" and the "degeneration" corrected themselves at the same time. Even the suggested surgery wasn't expected to see such positive results.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been told it's just bursitis too. Artritis ect. I want A real honest to goodness answer. I got those answers because at the time I did not have health insurance. I wonder if I will get a real answer now that I have health insurance??? One problem I have faced the last 15 months is I have been ignored by these Dr's and looked at like I have 3 heads. I'm sick of being put on the back burner because I had a lack of health Insurance... that should not have any bearing on my health.