DH Having Open Heart Surgery

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday and today we went to town and ran errands. This man is something to fear when he straddles an electric handicapped cart at Walmart. No license, no insurance, no speed limit and no traffic signals almost guarantee a tremendous traffic violation! LOL He did fantastic, but got a little tired and was ready to go home. He is making a remarkable recovery, so far. He goes back to the surgeon on Wednesday and for physical therapy ascessment on Thursday. Then he will start physical therapy 3 times a week.

I think his scar means life. A longer, stronger, healthier life with me. What's not to love about that?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went back to the surgeon tomorrow-two weeks ago. The surgeon released him to start lifting on moderation and driving. The surgeon looked at my husband and asked, "You're 70, right?" DH said yes. The surgeon replied, "I find that hard to believe." He also told my husband, "You're the poster boy for post-op." Both of the statements made my husband's head swell almost to bursting. Almost had to grease his head to get him through the door when we left.

He is doing great. He feels better now that he did before surgery. He overdoes himself a little and has to rest, but he feels good. He has about 6 weeks of therapy left, then we'll have his knee cut off. :lol: And a new one installed.

Latest posts