Digging garlic

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I dug my garlic up last night. I hope it wasn't too early, some of them had half brown leaves some not but I didn't want the ones that were ready go too long. I dug with the garden fork and my daughter (age 6) was pulling them up and sorting them for me. I just hope she still likes gardening when she gets bigger.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Send her my way! I could use an energetic helper! Mine is just about ready- I'll probably dig this weekend. Do you have a good place to dry yours? Will you save some cloves for this falls planting? Happy Gardening!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Send her my way! I could use an energetic helper! Mine is just about ready- I'll probably dig this weekend. Do you have a good place to dry yours? Will you save some cloves for this falls planting? Happy Gardening!
We hang it in the barn. The back is open and gets a good breeze. I just tell Eve that we won't get vampires in the barn. Now I have to figure out how much I have to plant for next year. This year I am only planting the big cloves and then I have some bulbils to plant. Still turning my compost for this fall. LOL.