Do they really eat this?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have eaten fried grasshoppers. would eat them again if i had to. crunchy and a bit resinous, but otherwise just fine.

If I had to, I would, but I don't have to.

Not on my bucket list but fixed by someone who knew what they were doing, I’d try them. (If you have eaten processed food, you have eaten insects-& things I’ll leave alone). :hide :lol:

Yeah, I know. There is even an acceptable level of insects in the food. That's not like them being alive, me looking at them, and making a meal of them. Yuck.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to call them crawdeads. Now that I eat them, they are crawfish. LOL Mudbugs works too.
Ah ha, you DO eat bugs.......tried to slip one by us.... we are much too quick for that...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is new research from the UK just published this week.

They are following people's response to the foods that they are eating using blood tests and such. This group includes a large number of twins. We will hear more about this study as the media has time to "digest" the information.

The main impression so far is how individualized our bodies' responses are to foods. Even the twins show this and it's almost as though these researchers are suggesting that some of these ideas on healthy standards may have to be tossed, especially when people are facing health challenges.

So what could take the place of things like "the Mediterranean Diet" recommendations? The research group is putting together computer algorithms so as to have individual diets. I suppose ... I hope that there aren't lots of differences between starches and proteins, etc. Could become very complex testing or -- very simplified diets. Eat Only These Three Foods - Every Day, Permanently!

Steve

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Being from the Midwest, if it wasn't the standard meat & potatoes, I wasn't interested. Then, I married a Navy man. Omg...I was exposed to sooo many different ethnic foods. I love the Filipino cuisine the most, followed by the Cajun/Creole gumbo and fresh seafood right off the boat.
Not only did I learn to love those foods, but some I even learned how to cook.
My latest addition has been stewed okra. It consists of using the smallest and most tender okra pods, those extra ripe tomatoes from the garden, diced onions, ground sausages. And the necessary spices. I cook myself up a pan of that, takes about an hour. Top the bowl with a handful of home made parmesan croutons....yum.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Eat Only These Three Foods - Every Day, Permanently!

Steve

Or just one step more to a little device to feed nutrients into the bloodstream directly and obviate the need for eating entirely. "Who cares about taste? This system means your body gets exactly what it needs and nothing more" (don't laugh, I remember reading studies back in high school about the benefits of having absolutely NO excess calories whatsoever. Apparently, being constantly on the point of starvation is GOOD for the body)

"Remember people, the goal must always be PERFECT health, and the perfectly health life is the joyless life."

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSC_0222-768x512.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like good food and will try different things. Insects are off the menu. Not happening.
I will try most things but I can assure you that insects are definitely off my menu 🤮

Latest posts