Do You Battle a Invasive Plant ? NY Ban Sale of Certain Plants

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
And blackberries! Holy crap they come straight from the devil himself! Blackberries with their thorns will eat you alive and they grow so fast and take over everything. Oh, and kudzoo! That stuff is insane around here! :mad::mad::mad:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
And blackberries! Holy crap they come straight from the devil himself! Blackberries with their thorns will eat you alive and they grow so fast and take over everything. Oh, and kudzoo! That stuff is insane around here! :mad::mad::mad:

You must be employed by the Alabama Department of Tourism KD! Haha!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with you on blackberries. Mine developed disease on berries. Been trying to kill them for 6 years. Digging, chemicals, muttering both under breathe and out loud, they keep on coming..... Transplant them to a place where they can live, they DIE!!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@KD_Olive , do you know where Talladega Alabama is?

Do they grow lots of cucumbers around there?

I sure do like the Talladega cucumber! It does great in my not-Alabama garden :). It's nice to think of them back this year.

Steve
who has happy memories of Oregon's blackberry cobblers ...

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@KD_Olive , do you know where Talladega Alabama is?

Do they grow lots of cucumbers around there?

I sure do like the Talladega cucumber! It does great in my not-Alabama garden :). It's nice to think of them back this year.

Steve
who has happy memories of Oregon's blackberry cobblers ...

Yes, I know exactly where Talledega is! It's in East/Central Alabama while I live in West/Central Alabama. I've never heard anything about Talledega cucumbers? I do know if we ever plant any, we always have more than we can manage. Lol.

Latest posts