do you eat corn beef?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I broke down and bought some. Two points at a sale price of $1.99 a lb and then one flat at $3.49 a lb. Cheapest I could find in all the grocery stores here in town. I'll be boiling them on Saturday, since my DD and family are coming down from Vancouver WA to help me a bit.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw cooked 1 flat off on saturday, between the 3 of us it was like a pack of jackals since i was the alpha male had the smarts to save a wee bit for breakfast on sunday..
sunday morning coming out of a corn beef overdose browned up some hash browns diced up the corn beef cooked for a couple minutes lowered the heat added 5 eggs did a quick scramble flipped it, added some garlic powder sprinkled some grated cheddar, covered for a minute... had myself one of the worlds best omelettes

this year st patrick's day became a day that will sadden my heart for all times...thats all i can say at this time...

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Corned Beef turned out great, BUT it didn't cook long enough. I reheated it today in the oven (perish this thought in 2019) for 2 hours and it got really tender. I added a 1/2 pint of my jarred tomatoes to it, but the potatoes were outstanding, the cabbage tasted great, I cut the carrots long and in 1/2 and they were tasty, and I made an apple pie for dessert...perfect, Very high (bc I didn't know what to do with the last apple in the bag) and complementary to the corned beef. DD will buy another one soon, which i will make on a Sunday to give it the 4 hours in the oven that is deserves.

Latest posts