Reaction score
No one is talking about ..

. beer & ..

. wine!?

Steve

i saw the mead go by. :) i resisted the first impulse to say, "YES!" because
the digestive system always has some comments here or there - however
one benefit of eating beans regularly is that i really don't notice any change
in "output" :) or should that be "out poots"? :)

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Giving it a whirl. Have jalapeños with a carrot and garlic going.

Best suggestions on how to utilize this mix?
You can put it on top of rice or beans or in burritos or tacos. Or you can bland it up and use it as hot sauce. That's what I'm going to do with my hot pepper ferment.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Left is hot peppers and right is sweet peppers. Both have garlic in them. Been fermenting for a week now!

Attachments

• 20191023_130252.jpg
    20191023_130252.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 206

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Read on Internet to run them through food processor so I have smaller pieces. What will you use the sweet mix for?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner , you must indicate that it is something that you enjoy to capture my attention.

Otherwise, your experience is like mine. I could make beer, without Dad being involved, and dump it in the compost. I could make a wine that was palatable but the recipe had drifted completely off what I had intended. That intention was to use something from the garden and not grapes. I felt that it was very unlikely that a grape wine would come close to most anything that I could buy off the shelf.

The wine that I was successful with was rice & raisin. I grew neither. Dad was a successful, amateur brewer. I played a supporting role.

Steve

Well that is you. I don't see that I have to want to drink the stuff to enjoy making it. The fact that it makes someone happy is enough for me, whether that someone is me or not.

Though you do bring up a good point. I have bought off the shelf meads from time to time, and I have yet to find one that is anywhere near as good as what I make (and those who drink my stuff agree) I suppose part of it is that I'm not in it for economic gain and so don't have to figure out how to make the stuff cheaply (and so don't have to use cheap clover honey).

Plus honey hunting is FUN, seeing how the various exotic honey taste after transformation (there is based on my experience no correlation between whether I like the honey and whether I like the mead it makes.)

Latest posts