Do you ferment?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just bottled up another mead (Greek Forest Honey) No I just need a name for it!

Currently on ferment Whatever I just did round 2 (stronger version)

Bambooze (Bamboo honey) 1 jug (may become 2 if it needs thinning)

To be started tonight 1 jug Bushman's Holiday (Australian Costal Honey)

A test batch with some Argentinian Rainforest honey

There are some monofloral pampas honeyes I'm going to run tests on but I need to get some empty water bottles first (the amount of honey I have are too small to use any of the jugs I have)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fighting some bug-started out sore throat, congested, now cough with headache and limited congestion. Fermented jalapeño really help break it up. Will do again next year.

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have two 2 gallon continuous brew jars of kombucha. From the garden, my favorite things to ferment are radishes, cucumbers, cauliflower, dilly beans, honey fermented garlic, and peppers for sauce. For those, I just use jars with glass weights and silicone pickle pipes - they are cheap and easy!

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Explain fermented honey garlic, please.
It's actually my favorite! Garlic cloves are fermented under honey rather than a salt-water brine. Both the honey and garlic are usable afterwards. The garlic-y honey is especially wonderful in stir frys or on meats, while the resulting garlic is very mild. Both are good for the immune system if you get sick, too! Its a basic formula, but there are recipes online (although I ferment mine longer than most recipes call for).

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's an old recipe for a cold remedy that is just chopped onions that has sat in honey for a day or two. A spoonful of that mixture will really help a sore throat, cough, etc.
@seedcorn, I bet some of those fermented jalapenos mixed with honey and onions/garlic would really be a good cold and congestion remedy. Almost like fire cider, maybe. Anyone remember that?

Latest posts