Do you have a favorite plant in your garden?

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been starting Love Lies Bleeding every year from saved seed. This year, two of the plants did fabulous! The rest of the started seeds are elsewhere in my flower garden.View attachment 59562
I love that plant, and tried to grow it once started in pots... not a single seed came up. They might require some cold treatment, because I've seen that they volunteer each year in other gardens. Now, I'm not sure I want to introduce yet another volunteer (given how many I already have).

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My favorite perennial plant is the daylily. These were also my husband's favorite flower, and his ashes reside in one of his favorite flower beds where daylilies bloom profusely every summer. He and I dug up many feral daylilies, and purchased others for our various gardens. He preferred the old fashioned tall orange varieties, but I have other colors and types too. My profile photo is a "cherry cheeks" daylily. Daylilies alone seem to have weathered this year's terrible flooding without any noticable impairment.
I love daylilies! They are such an easy plant to grow; there is hardly any care required!

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've been starting Love Lies Bleeding every year from saved seed. This year, two of the plants did fabulous! The rest of the started seeds are elsewhere in my flower garden.View attachment 59562
Nice! Love Lies Bleeding is such a neat plant.
And by the way, that yellow dahlia is GORGEOUS! 😍

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Since I am more of a plant hoarder than a gardener, I have way too many favorites to choose a top fave. Pansies, phlox and poppies spring to mind first.

Edit: Oh now I remember! My absolute most favorite right now (for the past couple years) is Campfire rose!

C3613762-3106-4733-A764-6EAAFFC51DFC.jpeg

Latest posts