Do you have a favorite plant in your garden?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad loved Gladiolas. So of course, I've been planting them wherever I go. I dug up a bunch when we moved up here last year, to plant and their flowers make me happy!
CGQN2089.JPG

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My Dad loved Gladiolas. So of course, I've been planting them wherever I go. I dug up a bunch when we moved up here last year, to plant and their flowers make me happy!View attachment 59563
That’s another one my grandmother always planted and that I love. (Her name was Gladys, and it’s also my birth month flower.)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love daylilies! They are such an easy plant to grow; there is hardly any care required!

...and despite lack of care, they spread and thrive!
And they apparently make really good salad, or so my resident deer tell me. :rolleyes: I only see flowers on mine if I fence them - but that tends to detract from their beauty. :(

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My Dad loved Gladiolas. So of course, I've been planting them wherever I go. I dug up a bunch when we moved up here last year, to plant and their flowers make me happy!View attachment 59563
Gladiolas are some of my all-time favorites! The colors they come in are stunning; I love your picture!

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
And they apparently make really good salad, or so my resident deer tell me. :rolleyes: I only see flowers on mine if I fence them - but that tends to detract from their beauty.
Really? I have never had problems with anything eating daylilies; but I have definitely had deer eating other plants :idunno

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Turnips.
If you Let them go to seed they will replant thousands of them...for later.

i have one that just lost all the leaves and it's about a foot across. i doubt it will survive the winter to flower again next year, but they sure are a good cover crop along with the diakon radishes.

years ago i noticed that when they rot they smell like beer.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
So Pretty---thanks for sharing!! :hugs
I gave up growing them bc they won't overwinter here and I would forget to dig them up. :(

Latest posts