does anyone else find the febreze commercials scary?

Teka

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Don't get me started!!! Scented products including cleansers, candles, plug-in or other air fresheners are all chemicals we are much better to do without. There is a higher incidence of allergies and asthma in homes where scented products are used.

If you want a clean, freshsmell, open a window, bring in a bundle of rosemary, boil some cinnamon sticks on the stove, etc.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
... if you want a clean smelling house, you might try cleaning!!:D How can anyone think more chemicals is the answer to anything????

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Febreeze.......can you DRINK it?? Or RUB it into your skin??? Or use it for eyewash?? But breathe it DEEP into your lungs?? :sick I use no scented products in my home as they all give me a reaction to them. Perfumes and colognes are just as bad.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
... if you want a clean smelling house, you might try cleaning!!
:yuckyuck

I've got asthma and fragrances really aggravate it for sure. Wouldn't do any good trying to cover up carpet odors in my home. You'd still get a dog hair up your nose, lol.

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't use febreeze, but I do know if I were one of those people in those commercials and you put me in one of those funky environments and I was getting that close to that much filth, someone better be paying me BIG.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
cityfarmer said:
I don't use febreeze, but I do know if I were one of those people in those commercials and you put me in one of those funky environments and I was getting that close to that much filth, someone better be paying me BIG.
Agreed!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't find those commercial scary, just kinda sad that that juvenile stuff works so well on the American people. They remind me of a certain teenage boy from high school that was well known to keep air freshener in his car. He passed gas regularly.

I try to find laundry detergent, shampoos and soaps that don't have perfumes and dyes. Laundry detergent is possible but not always easy. The others, well, everybody needs their own personal lifetime quest I guess.

Latest posts