Does anyone have bees?

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks for the video! I've been enjoying Backwards Beekeeping, they have some good information.

Mine aren't QUITE that bad...sort of like that on a smaller scale. Requeening might be a consideration. I'll try smoking myself also, good idea! It seems the attacking gets worse as soon as one stings me or I accidentally kill a bee, so being able to not smell like a dead bee could help. I have a feeling getting them into a more accessible hive is going to make a big difference too, the way this one is made, it's hard to really get in there without doing any damage, and I am sure they don't like me tearing up their home.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're right, I bet that's it. With that hive set-up, you probably do have a hard time not squishing any. And they do take that personally! ;) When one stings you or gets squished, the other bees can smell it. That's how they all know to go into attack mode. Your bees may be just fine then temperment-wise. And they are more aggressive in the fall anyway. Be sure to let us know how it goes next spring when you get down to business with them, ok! I'd just put them to bed for winter and work on switching things over next spring. That gives you lots of time to study up and develop your plans for them. :cool:
:bee

Latest posts