Does this mean I have a problem????

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of what seeds I have. I currently have 78 different varieties:
14 tomatoes
4 carrots
9 peppers (hot & sweet)
2 onions (altho I will probably order some sets, too)
7 beans
5 melons
3 brassicas
7 greens
5 squash
3 cukes
4 root veggies
5 herbs
2 corn (but more is coming)
and 8 "other"

And this doesn't even include potatoes or sweet potatoes!!! I think I may officially have an addiction! Is there a Gardeners Anonymous?? :D

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well if I so, I'll sign up. I've spent the entire day researching what varieties I'm going to plant this year. I found a website for my state about which varieties grow best here as well as how much of what to plant for each person , when to plant, etc etc etc. After printing all that out, I spent several hours combing through seed catalogs and looking for the specific varieties that grow here. I am no where near completed with this task. Oh the things I'll do for some fresh veggies :tools

chicken stalker

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have been pouring over the catalogs and internet for seeds. My husband just rolls his eyes and reminds me we have 5 months before anything can go in the ground.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of what seeds I have. I currently have 78 different varieties:
14 tomatoes
4 carrots
9 peppers (hot & sweet)
2 onions (altho I will probably order some sets, too)
7 beans
5 melons
3 brassicas
7 greens
5 squash
3 cukes
4 root veggies
5 herbs
2 corn (but more is coming)
and 8 "other"

And this doesn't even include potatoes or sweet potatoes!!! I think I may officially have an addiction! Is there a Gardeners Anonymous?? :D
We are not going to see you on an episode of hoarders, are we?? lol

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Kate, check out this SeedsNTrades software . I use it for cataloging mine because I am a seed-hoarder-anonymous too! LOL

This is the review I wrote on it and there's a link to download it toward the bottom. It's free shareware.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
chicken stalker said:
I have been pouring over the catalogs and internet for seeds. My husband just rolls his eyes and reminds me we have 5 months before anything can go in the ground.
actually, you may want to tell your dh that your have another 2 months before you have to start some of those seeds in the house! :lol:

i'd really like to find a database/spreadsheet software that would compile the info on each type of veggie/herb/flower you have listed in it's files. then it would generate a map of how it should be planted with companion plants with the selections you want to plant that year!

i did find some interesting calculators on Johnny's Seeds site a few days ago! http://www.johnnyseeds.com/SeedCalculator.aspx?source=BlogJSSAdv011
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/e-PDGSeedStart.aspx?source=BlogJSSAdv011
http://www.thevegetablegarden.info/resources/planting-schedules
and this one is good if you don't know your frost dates!
http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cl...ctive=prod_select2&prodtype=CLIM2001&subrnum=

i've been searching for seeds since the beginning of December and i'm still not done with what i want to add to my garden this year! i was going through and creating a new database of all my 2011 seeds and so far i am up to 106 different varieties of herbs, veggies, grains/feedstock, and some flowers (not many of those). and i am still not finished working on cataloging my old supplies of seeds! :lol: my dh keeps looking at my boxes of seeds kicking around the living room and asking if i have enough yet! :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is exactly why I don't keep track!!! I am sure I don't have that many seeds! Problem, what problem??

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh, I definetly have a problem! I have so many seeds. I keep them organized in shoebox size totes. 1 for direct sow seeds, 1 for indoor started seeds, 1 for herbs and 1 for flowers...they are stuffed full...and I ordered more seeds.

For Christmas my husband built me 2 more grow light systems (the PVC 3 shelf systems) so now I have room to start 36 seed trays...I am hopeless!

In my own defense, we do put in a huge garden, about 1 1/2 acres. I also supply both sides of our family with garden plants and now have several friends buying plants from us too.

I love it!
Christie :tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
This is Garden - aholics anonymous dear! Did no one tell you when you got here? ;)

I'm Shannon... and I have a problem.... :gig

Latest posts