Dog's favorite .....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
What is the plan?
It is too hot and dry to move anyhing right now, especially something that is already stressed,
For know I am trying to water regularly and flush some salt out, the fence has been moved further from the iris. He still pees there but not directly on the plant. We will see what spring brings.
I repeat myself, DOGS !!! :somad

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to work at a boarding kennel (100 years ago) and we had this little toy poodle who had been left there as a puppy. We felt horrible that he was growing up in a cage - even if it was a huge run - so we let him out to hang with us all day. Problem was that he considered it his job to pee into every other pen, and onto the other dogs if at all possible. We took a dish rag, folded it into 3rds longways and wrapped it around it waist. He could run and pee to his little heart's content and when the towel got wet, we'd take it off and toss it in the washer. :sick
Not sure if a doggie diaper would be practicle, but it's worth looking into. They even have disposable models now.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: Oooo I wou;ld love to diaper the husbands hunting dog just to see his reaction!!!! :gig
Not going to happen. William is a muscular and active 65 pund dog. Too Macho!!!!

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
This is why all future dogs ( and cats ) will be females around here! I feel your frustration CD! I'd give it a could deep soaking to dilute the salts and move your barrier back a bit. It should come back tho'.
Female cats can and will spray, trust me. Even spayed. I also had a female scotty that would lift her leg. It takes some work but you can train dogs to use certain spots. And like thistle said, give the plants a good soak.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my ol' dog. Sometimes she even pees on the sidewalk in front of the porch! Her favorite go spot won't even grow a weed, much less grass anymore...just algae! :sick Other than a barrier, I don't know what to do. Those "dog repellant" sprinkles don't work.

Adambelmont321

Leafing Out
Reaction score
In my opinion you must give a fence to this area and try to be cautious when anything like this is about to happen.

healthysmile143

Leafing Out
Reaction score
For security, you might be use a strict wall so that your garden might be secure in future. And water contained as you want approximately.