Done planting!!! How is your garden growing???

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The garden is Gigantic! harvesting daily! need to put something out for the vine borers!! nothing seems to be slowing them down!

8763_dsc01414.jpg

:weee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have a little jungle, the1honeycomb.

On a hillside with a view, if I remember right ;).

What's in the feed bags??

Steve

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We haven't harvested anything except for a few sugar peas and snow peas. Today MontyJ pulled some turnips today. Cant wait to get some tomatoes and green beans canned up for winter.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Steve The bags are full of potatoes, I harvest a bag as I need them and then I replant them! fresh young taters all year!! It's all about carrying the bags out of the basement!! :happy_flower

the cantelope may be a pumpkin it is changing to a bright orange today!! I do have acorn squash, corn will be ready in a few days. watermelon not ready yet. . . :watering

When I thin my carrots my puppy thinks they are the best treat!! he'll sit and watch me pull them and cry till I give him one! :bouquet

My tomatoes ate turning red and I had to buy 2 more peppers, and I have soo many zucchini I have been giving it away!!:throw

vine borrers have gotten into my squash plants. Everything seems to be getting a little yellow! time to get the poop out there! :weight

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the gardening style Honeycomb. It's not really square foot gardening, but it's not container gardening either. Kind of like a hybrid of the two. It's very unique, and ...comfortable looking. Yes, that's the word...comfortable. Where my garden is rigid and orderly (probably that military background), your is more "come as it may". It makes me feel at home or easy going just looking at it.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
THAMKS Montey!!! Thant is exactly how I wanted it! I put them in and gave them a good luck, and a prayer. I have been blessed with the fruits of their labor and didn't figure that I had enough room to be rigid! Sometimes when i go out there I find something that ididn't plant in that area or didn't plant at all and I consider that a gift!!:bouquet