Done planting!!! How is your garden growing???

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Digits I followed your post the photos are wonderful!! I just found out that I was only living on half of my property!! My DH and I are working to clean out the rest. I will move the chicken coop back there and start some new gardens where it was!! Even with the increased space I wouldn't have the beautiful huge gardens you have!!!
Thanks for sharing

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Love harvesting already got more of last years carrots today and I have bean plants coming out every where!!! Blackberry plants blooming and so are the strawberries< alittle late but I don't mind!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you :).

As of today, the snapdragons are back in the flower corner for a repeat performance. Except, they are in the middle distance and asters will be nearer the camera ;).

No sweet peas this year but I will be growing more garden peas :p. That means, the same amount of trellis building . . . one bed is planted over by the plum tree and if the other bed hadn't been so wet, I'd have had it cultivated today. Should be able to get to that tomorrow. May need to decide if the rest of the kale can go out into a few days of heat! Where did that come from? Anyway, the plants were started late or they could have gone out already . . . 'cept, I don't have a bed ready to put them in :rolleyes:.

Steve

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Augh! I know I ran out of room also and will start making more raised beds in a day or so!!!:th I have most everything planted but everytime i go to the store i find something else!!!
It is an addictiton and I love it the blueberries are almost ready!!! Strawberries in a week or so, I will be making Jam and canning blueberry sauce and pie filling!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like packing a garden with useful plants!

The beds for the kale were cultivated aaannd out they went! The ground is absolutely the rockiest in my gardens. The tomatoes did okay there in 2012. I got a little deeper in the beds this year. I hope the kale likes it.

The beets are up nicely! I was a little uncertain about planting them so early but there weren't enuf onion sets to fill that bed, I didn't want to bother the onions later, so, the beet seed went in some pretty cold ground. They look as nice as the spinach which went in a week or so earlier. The spinach I trust to tolerate cold soil but here come the beets.

The bok choy transplants looked pretty bad Friday after too many hard frosts and too much dryness. I got the water on them that morning and they were looking 100% better the next day.

Steve
who wouldn't mind seeing the 1st sowing of pea seed and a potato plant or 2, emerging from some still quite cold soil.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have yellow squash!! 2 on the plant!! and i will be harvesting strawberries soon!!! :celebrate Love living off the land!!! :watering

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now that I have pretty much everything out in the garden, the weather people are calling for frost again on Monday morning!:barnie

Latest posts