Done planting!!! How is your garden growing???

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Now that I have pretty much everything out in the garden, the weather people are calling for frost again on Monday morning! :barnie
OH NO!

I have been kind of caught off-balance by our sudden hot weather. It is returning to normal, or just above normal. The gardens should be full by the end of the week (except for the new addition :rolleyes:).

Lots of bok choy has come out of the hoop house beds. There won't be much more to harvest in there but what was transplanted out of those beds into the open garden will be ready in just a few more days. I have to get more of seed in the ground for some of the interesting Asian greens. However, we may not have much of a season for them if the hot weather returns in force.

Steve

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ready for some harvesting! do you eat the lettuce and spinach that you thin? I served it to my family and it is sooo sweet!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we eat out thinned stuff. If we don't the chickens sure do :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Steve, do you mean you'll even have your tomatoes planted??
Something drastic would have to happen to change my mind, Thistle'. The 8 to 14 day looks strongly "above normal."

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/index.php

I know that the mid to low 40's are predicted for lows coming up soon but I can let a few more days slide. Still, that new hoop house allowed the tomatoes to drop that low and lower! They only had mid-day shade today and have been outdoors all night for the last few. Usually, I am reluctant to do that because they would come from the greenhouse where 60 was always the overnight low. The hoop house environment has toughened them. They are really ready to go and 43 just doesn't worry me.

Besides, as always, I have some reserves ;).

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine are hardened off also, they've camped out overnight for the past week, and have been in full sun for several days, but I'm going to wait one more week. My potatoes are taking up so much space I'm not sure where I'm going to put the rest of my stuff. I'm obviously not a good planner. :/

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Mine are hardened off also, they've camped out overnight for the past week, and have been in full sun for several days, but I'm going to wait one more week. My potatoes are taking up so much space I'm not sure where I'm going to put the rest of my stuff. I'm obviously not a good planner. :/
THat is why I put my potatoes in feed sacks so they don't take over!!! I do need to build some more raised beds but that is not my priority at this time!! I know that Tomatoes usually don't ripen until around July4th so I think I have plenty!

Good luck with your veggies!!!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Its May 12 My garden is slowly growing!. It came about three weeks late. Wind was so bad it stuns them. Im so excited that Ive got some tomatoes coming in ! I hope to get it before "someone" eats them ! :fl

Latest posts