Don't get around much anymore

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red my prayer for you is that you and your husband's life together goes as long as it goes. I pray for both of you, life is good. Live every moment you can.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am in tears writing this. Today DH decided to celebrate finishing his pill regimen by doing some outside work. I found him outside with an extension cord he intended to be add to the end of the water hose to reach the burn pile.

As he walked (wandered?) back and forth he looked like a toddler learning to walk. They start leaning forward as if trying to get their feet under their body. That's how DH walked. Then he fell . . . twice . . . into the brush pile he was intending to burn today. I helped him up, but he could hardly stand without leaning on me. I finally got him -- covered in sweat despite the cooler morning and breeze -- back to the house with a damp rag and cold drink. So scary! It is as if his last illness has taken everything out of him and I am so worried.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Feel for you both. Getting older with health issues is tough.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There will be lots on your shoulders almost, no matter what you do.

Finding help from outside the home will take effort. It may even "go against the grain." Try to make the adjustments that may lighten the weight.

Look for little treelined avenues and shaded country lanes just for you. Even if you don't drive down one block of them, physically. Let your mind go there.

Try not to carry all the burden by yourself. Make that effort, too.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH seems all right now. (sighs in relief) After a 40 min. rest, he went back out and did all right so I started the fire. I brought a chair so he sat and watched the fire until it was nearly gone. Now I am loading the trailer with downed wood and bringing it out to him for burning in small bunches so there's time for a sit down between loads.

I have no idea what happened this morning. He was almost as bad as when he first got sick with the C-diff. Acted dehydrated, confused, feverish, and weak but I know he wasn't dehydrated in the least. He hadn't been out in the sun and it was only about 75 degrees with a breeze. This is the first time we've had a problem like this since he landed in the hospital. Wish I knew what was happening.

He is down to 150 lbs after a lifetime of 165-170. I am guessing that most of what he lost came off his muscle which may explain some of the weakness. I like his looks at this weight, but I don't want him getting any lower. I bring between meal snacks in for him now, but I'm more likely to eat them than he is and he won't eat unless I do, too. I don't need to pick up what he lost.

Right now he is happy to be busy, I am keeping his loads light, and everything is fine. DS and DIL are out working in the shop today as well.

Latest posts