don't put up a stink, in the wrong forum but. . .. it bugs me!!!!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well I am being invaded by stink bugs! and they are in the house!! :somad all my little seeds are up and working hard to get ready to feed us and these pesky little bugs are planning to move out to the country for dinner!!! ANYONE, Anyone have ideas for traps, and or termination??? :he
Finally finished my Blackberry patch 12 good sized plants 32 feet long with picket fence and blue berries on the ends. :thumbsup (make it sound like I'm concentrating on the plants):drool

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
In the house? :sick EEEEWWWWW!!!!!! Other than the wood block method, I don't know what you could do about them. I hate them too.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ugh. What about those glue strip traps? Like for mice but put them around the plants?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you talking about these guys here?

stinkbugo100709_rgbb.jpg

I've been finding them all winter long, one here, one there. I get a wet papertowel and grab them and fold them up in it and throw away. They move pretty slowly and don't get away. If there is an easier way, I'd like to know!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those EVIL prehistoric creatures!!! sound like small helicopters in the nite and spray when you kill them! GROSS!!:sick:sick
What is the wood board method? My dog eats them if they are dead :( I have a bottle of dish soap ready for them in the garden but I fear I have been invaded!!!:hide:somad

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Instead of a wood board, Garfield uses a rolled newspaper on spiders to crush them.

Are they attracted to light like some other bugs? Maybe some sticky paper under a small light in a dark room? I don't know what else might work for bait.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have been completely overrun by them. I'll bet we have killed thousands of them in the house over the winter! Dew and I have become master stink bug assassins. First, don't use dish liquid if your flicking them into a bowl. In just a couple of days they smell like a dead skunk in the hot sun :sick Instead, use lysol. It kills them just as dead, and no stink. Also, they are certainly attracted to light. We have a floor lamp that points toward the ceiling, if you know what I mean. The bugs will land in the glass shade and never leave it. We use the lid of the bowl to scrape them into the death bowl. That system works like a champ. The light will attract every single bug around, and they stay put until you catch them. For outside, you could wrap fly paper (sticky side out, of course) around a quart canning jar. Put a light in the jar and set it in the garden. It doesn't have to be a strong light. If it's the only light around, they will come to it, even a CFL. Just make sure to set the jar upside down so it doesn't rain on the bulb.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A few years ago we had the marmorated stink bugs really bad. They were everywhere, inside and out. Over then next few years I have seen less and less. I don't use poisons, I only kill them when I see them. This year we only had a few inside, maybe 3. They didn't seem to harm the garden. They are annoying but I don't really worry about them, just kill them when I see then. I have read not to crush them, something about the smell attracting more. Or something like that. Now I do have problems with harlequin bugs, they are also a type of stink bug. They have killed some of my veggies and flowers. I have declared war on them.

Latest posts