Driven!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have an Accu*Rite thermometer with the sensor outside by the front door, under the entry roof. I don't believe it. It's always reads a lot warmer than the outdoor window thermometer says, although it may be right for the indoor house temp.
Of course, maybe my front door leaks a tremendous amount of warm air to skew the reading.

I can appreciate all that fresh air we get I guess.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes the neighbor's thermometer says the strangest things :idunno.

Usually, it is nearly the same as what mine shows. They vary by about 2°, at most. I used to think that maybe the sun hits it for a few minutes at odd times. I'm convinced now that I know where it is, which house and it's right above their doors onto their deck.

You see, there is a baby in the house with 3 smokers. I'm reminded of that quote I posted recently about kids paying little attention to what parents tell them while being very good at copying their behavior ... anyway, they conscientiously go outside to smoke.

Unless, maybe ... the toddler is in the other room ... or asleep ... or, something. And, it's really cold out ... or, they are in their pj's ... or, something. Then the door comes open and a cloud of smoke comes out ;). Smoke registers in the high 60's when mixed with air in the teens!

;) Steve

Latest posts