DUCKS for THEE in 2023

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We had a lovely Valentine's Day. Dinner at Cracker Barrell, then to open gifts at DD's house.
Eldest DD had 2 special thank you's for borrowing my car a couple of weekend's ago--2 large bottles of grapefruit vodka And a lovely bottle of Rose.
I also got this package of little ducks and cards, supposed to be given to others.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :gig:gig:gig
They will live on MY dresser.
Rubber Duck & Card set, Valentines Day, 2023.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, on my porch lives a large pineapple thermometer, which my mother gave to me bc the clock was broken. Didn't NEED the clock, so I keep it on the wall. Guess it's always 12:30 on the porch.
Today it's 45 degrees outside, but 70 degrees F on the porch where I have had some sprouting in my whiskey barrel planter. It gets some sun during the day. I am keeping a white biodegradable garbage bag on top to keep everything moist, and many radishes have poked up their little happy faces. Yes, I have been spraying them every day, too.

Attachments

• Porch themometer, 02-15-23, #2.jpg
    Porch themometer, 02-15-23, #2.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 46
  • Whiskey barrel planter on porch, 02-15-23, #3.jpg
    Whiskey barrel planter on porch, 02-15-23, #3.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Whiskey barrel planter on porch, 02-15-23, #2.jpg
    Whiskey barrel planter on porch, 02-15-23, #2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Whiskey barrel planter on porch, 02-15-23, #1.jpg
    Whiskey barrel planter on porch, 02-15-23, #1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 36

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Radishes (and radish lookalikes, maybe? some cabbage, too?) have doubled and are very happy in their whiskey barrel.
On the recycle thread I posted 2 to go soda/tea cups that I winter sowed with 9 sugar snap peas. Peas are up, there is obvious humidity--you poke holes on the bottom for drainage, and the lid has a hole, and you are supposed to check so they don't dry out, although if there is enough rain, it shouldn't be an issue.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good news! Both DD's went car shopping.
Eldest DD has ordered a Toyota 4 Runner in deep dark metallic blue.
Youngest DD discovered that the credit union never mailed her the title. :eek:
As I understand it the credit union will be digging in the bowels of the earth through old files for it this week.
She wants to buy a Kia Soul, fully loaded, in Mars Orange.
She wants to build it with the luggage rack. They are storing our two "X Cargo's" in their garage rafters.
She plans to order her car next week.
Both expect to wait 2-3 months.
Funny, orange and blue...neighbors will believe that they are University of Illinois football fans.

Latest posts