DUCKS for THEE in 2023

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Peach Trees arrived. We are supposed to have a frost tonight, so tomorrow I will need to put them in water, dig their holes and plant them. :)
Peach trees, 04-26-23.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday youngest DD celebrated her "May the Fourth be with you" birthday early. I bought her 3 bottles of red and dry wine--one lovely Pinot Noir with a sheepdog on the label--and we watched movies together.
Eldest DD tried her hand at crab rangoon, eggroll stuffing (couldn't find the wraps), and sesame beef with fried rice.
:drool:drool:drool

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
This weekend I spotted yet 2 more spears. DD says she didn't get my harvest, so I will need to take a look at their patch. Might have weed competition. I planted 13 in her bed. Mine gets full sun. Hers gets full sun 1/2 of the day,
I have enough frozen from my 5 plants (planted 2 years ago) for 2 meals. There are Plenty stalks growing from them to grow this season.

Attachments

• Last Asparagus picked, 04-29-23.jpg
    Last Asparagus picked, 04-29-23.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 35

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I up potted 47 tomato seedlings today. I didn't have time to completely empty the seed starter tray, and I had already filled the area above the fridge, so I put the tray on the porch next to the closed south window.
Should be okay.
Amazing how some had grown tall with thick stems, but most were reaching for the gro light and got a little leggy.
Some had substantial roots, others leggy with almost no roots at all.
Not sure, but I think a few will go into some window wells tomorrow.
Most of them are downstairs in 3 or 4 or 6 inch pots, some solo, some with tomato friends, on top of a watering tray, sitting on top of a heat mat.
I have 4 inch pots in my leaky 10 gallon fish tank, with water trays.
I have 4 inch and 6 inch pots with multiple tomatoes in my new fish tank (not the one currently housing fish!), and I filled it with 2 inches of water.
Bottom shelf has two heat mats overlapping, watering trays and 6 inch pots, most are 4/pot, a few have 5/pot.
ALL under grow lights in the basement.
I'll be there are 30 or more left.
I feel like Dr. Frankenstein bc I have so many tomatoes that I will be experimenting with them.
Pictures of the survivors in another week...

Latest posts