Echinacea seeds

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:gig Ok marshall, you're killing me! Yes, I can definitely divide them for sure. I just can't stop looking at those beautiful flowers - so I'm going to order them! oh! and these too!

4898_pink_double.jpg

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've seen some of the yellow and red ones like those with the puff in the center. but now that i've seen those white ones i really want to get some for the side garden.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
So much better a double decker than a few years ago!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Southern Gardener, I feel your pain! :p I've been looking at some perennials for landscaping and the variety in the echinacea is stunning. Something new every year, which explains the price. I know the plain purple ones reseed like crazy. I may have to settle for them since the price will put me over budget on the red ones I want. Let us know if yours reseed true to type! I know you can divide them, but that will take awhile to get enough.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, you can buy one of those beauties and grow it real primo for dividing and cuttings, doing the small but many divisions technique, and take a few cuttings also. Give it primo soil and care, plenty of organic fertilizer of the meal types and some of the special guanos mixed in too, in mostly compost, and add those rootweb type microbes. You're down south so you might be able to get by liquid fertilising it too with those hydroponic liquids diluted as recommended. In a year you might be able to have 10 from one. Save off a few for future dividings, and you got it made.

If all goes well.

Cuttings start best with a little bottom heat. Top moisture perfect. And no fungus problems.

Latest posts