Edible landscaping

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RedClayGardener said:
I think Rainbow Swiss Chard is pretty enough to be in a garden. The colors are outstanding and it is really hardy. Mine lasted through the whole summer and even into the late fall, but we had a very mild summer this year so if it gets hot it may wilt on you.
Those do sounds pretty! I have some and I'm not sure if they are the rainbow or regular. They were an unmarked trade bag that just says 'chard'.

We'll see :D

Though I do believe whatever you plant will look beautiful, at least to you and that's all that should matter. :p

snewman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Excellent thoughts!! We really don't have much of a bird population, except for stupid house sparrows. We also have swallows in the summer, and they are certainly welcome. I haven't put up any feeders, as I spend an awful lot of money on food for my own critters (and I don't think the sparrows need any help). Our house and landscaping are, thus far, not very hospitable to wild creatures. We bought an old farmhouse, and I think it must be the only one in Wisconsin where the previous owners didn't plant a single thing. Not one bulb, lilac, peony, bush etc. Just corn. I've been working on it, but it's slow and expensive.

Latest posts