EEeek! Newbie excitement!!

AnnaK

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have posted a couple of times (questions usually!:D) in the veggie section, but this mornings celebrations are clearly for the flower section! As a first timer, I decided to start small, very small, this year. We made one little flower bed that my wonderful neighbor helped me full with perennials from her own beautiful gardens and I bought 2 little lilac bushes. This morning as I set up our yardsale I found 5 buds on the irises from my neighbor. Add to that excitement the fact that I discovered all the morning glories poking up through the soil, and I feel like a successful gardener!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
AnnaK, your Maine garden must have about the same season that mine does.

From this window at my left elbow, I watched 1 German iris slowly gather itself thru yesterday afternoon and finally open into full bloom just before dark! That is the very first in my yard and I will not only be pleased with its color and graceful, tender petals but also delight in its soft fragance!

I prefer to call them German iris since "bearded" sounds rather too masculine for these flowers. I mean, I have an idea about beards having carried 1 around on my face for nearly a decade, before DW began to tell me repeatedly that it made me look . . olde :rolleyes:.

Anyway, the Germans also know beards (click but don't expect to see anything like a lovely iris ;))

Of course, I could be all wrong about your iris and they could be Siberian or Dutch. Best wishes on their continuing contribution to your outdoor life!

Steve :rainbow-sun

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Enjoy!! There are few things more exciting! I was so busy planting all my transplant veggies, I almost missed my beautiful blooming poppy! Don't forget to smell the roses!

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Congratulations, it never fails to make me smile when you see those little shoots poking through the ground.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hooray! Congrats! Isn't it an amazing feeling? :love

Latest posts