Eggprising Surprise At Waretrop's House

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have,always heard of it and I have seen it many times on YouTube but I never thought I would gave one of my girls give my one....

LOOK....

20161120_185733.jpg

20161121_081102.jpg

20161121_081140.jpg

I was so amazed to see this normal sized egg, as hubby cracked the very large one into the egg ring.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get double yolk eggs occasionally but I've never seen that. The hen released a second yolk too early. If the extra yolks are released at the same time you get double yolks. The first egg was about finished when the second yolk showed up, so he held everything until the second shell was ready. That's better than her laying the first egg with the yolk free outside it,. What a mess but I suspect that sometimes happens too.

People that don't fool with animals, especially production animals like chickens, just don't have opportunities to see some marvelous things.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That happened to us once; babysitter opened a hard boiled egg and found another egg inside (actually given that hardboiled eggs can sometimes explode during cooking if you do it wrong, we were probably very lucky that the whole kitchen wasn't a mess from that one.)

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow. Bet, being so large, they took longer to boil up. That is a cool thing to do with one of these days.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow. Bet, being so large, they took longer to boil up. That is a cool thing to do with one of these days.

No, same time. In our case, it was a normal sized egg with a very small egg inside it. (the size the industry calls "peewee" which you don't see for sale in stores (they sell them to baking companies who don't care about egg size)