Electrical Technical Spectacle

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I won't trouble you with a photo.

Surge protectors. There are 4 of them in this little house. Sure, they look kinda okay when you bring them home. Then, you attach the devices to them!

Wires. Is there a way to straighten them? If I shop around, could I replace those that are spiraling, raptor nest messes? A simple dang wire but multiple ... it's a good thing that we don't have any of these devices and their "protectors" in traffic lanes. Moving some furniture and running a vacuum can be a nightmare .... and, 13 year old Garbanzo the Dog goes back there once in awhile having decided, apparently, that they amount to traffic lanes for a 7# critter.

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
WIRES!!! Don't even get me started! My late husband had a surround sound system involving 5 or 6 floor standing speakers connected to our TV, a system that he dearly loved. I could take or leave surround sound, but I HATED the wires! After he passed I disconnected one end of all the wires connecting each speaker, rolled them up in a plastic bag, and attached them to their respective speaker with zip ties, together with a cardboard tag explaining where each wire went. I know he can't come back from the other side, but IF he could, he would be able to easily and quickly reconnect the whole system the way he wanted it. (I'd thought about taking the scissors to the wires, but just couldn't do it!) Meanwhile I'm so glad to have this network of wires running all across the livingroom floor gone!

You seem very disillusioned with surge protectors. Have you had problems with them failing?

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I won't trouble you with a photo.

Surge protectors. There are 4 of them in this little house. Sure, they look kinda okay when you bring them home. Then, you attach the devices to them!

Wires. Is there a way to straighten them? If I shop around, could I replace those that are spiraling, raptor nest messes? A simple dang wire but multiple ... it's a good thing that we don't have any of these devices and their "protectors" in traffic lanes. Moving some furniture and running a vacuum can be a nightmare .... and, 13 year old Garbanzo the Dog goes back there once in awhile having decided, apparently, that they amount to traffic lanes for a 7# critter.

Steve
You have a dog called Garbanzo?? I love that! 😂

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240221_071251_Chrome.jpg.

Latest posts