Emoji problems

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has been a recurring problem that when I attempt to post an emoji at the end of a sentence, it instead goes to the start of my post, or to some random point within the text. It often takes multiple attempts to place the emoji where I want it. Having two spaces at the end of the sentence, and placing the emoji between them, sometimes helps. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have the same problem, altho -- I can just express the emotion that I'm thinking of in words happy/silly.

;) Copying them and pasting where I want the emoji doesn't work well for my tablet or phone with their on-screen keyboards. The keyboards don't like to come up and a pop-up for copying or cutting doesn't show after I have highlighted the emoji. There's no problem like that with the PC's and their keyboards.

I sometimes highlight 🔦 the words next to wherever the emoji shows up, include the emoji, and then cut-and-paste 👬 the whole thing with the critter where I want it. Then, the words can be deleted ✂.

I believe that we can "steal" emojis from a number of websites and paste them into our TEG text. Nifty would have to tell us about that. One thing that I'm surprised about is that they don't always look the same in the text box even if they come from the TEG selection.

✾ ☯ Steve ☯ ❃

Last edited:

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm... odd, I haven't been able to duplicate this issue. I wonder if it is specific to one browser / system or another.

Hopefully we can find some commonalities between peeps having the problem so we can isolate / fix it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think these are mobile devices or tablets and not desktop computers, but that is my hunch based upon reports from before on this sort of issue. i am not seeing this issue. and i use a desktop/browser here.

the only emoji related thing is that when i am editing a previously inserted emoji at the end of a sentence it sometimes seems to take a while before it figures out what i'm doing.

i suggest using the Toggle BB Code button to see what is going on better.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sometimes highlight 🔦 the words next to wherever the emoji shows up, include the emoji, and then cut-and-paste 👬 the whole thing with the critter where I want it. Then, the words can be deleted ✂.
I've had to do that a few times, when the emoji stubbornly kept returning to the wrong location even after several attempts. I am browsing using a PC with Firefox & Windows 10. If it does it again, I will abort the post, and cut & paste it here... maybe the code will provide a clue.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It has been a recurring problem that when I attempt to post an emoji at the end of a sentence, it instead goes to the start of my post, or to some random point within the text. It often takes multiple attempts to place the emoji where I want it. Having two spaces at the end of the sentence, and placing the emoji between them, sometimes helps. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Yes, I have on many occasions but I use a phone and put it down to that.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since posting this, the emojis have been behaving normally. But when I posted a reply today, the emoji button has completely disappeared from the menu bar - anyone else having the same problem?

Latest posts