Epsom Salt in the garden?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Done and done...foliar spray is done. Now, if that doesn't correct the poor growth and yellow leaves on some of the hot peppers, then it's a phosphorus deficiency and I'll proceed from there.

The sweet peppers look great but the hot peppers leave much to be desired right now, even though they are blooming....should I pinch those off? These plants are only about 4-6 in. high.

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I kinda cheated. I pour Epsom Salt on the ground around the base of my tomatoes and peppers before I watered this morning. Not sure how much will make it to the plant, but we'll see. :fl I'll make some spray this weekend just for good measure. So, people have been talking about how great this stuff is on peppers and tomatoes.... are there any other plants that anyone has tried? Successes? Failures?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't want to move my wood chips back so that I can sprinkle the epsom salts.

Can I just fill up my watering can, add a little epsom salts and water my plants this way? I don't have a sprayer to use. If so, how much should I use in a 2 gallon can?

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can put the epsom salts right on top of the wood chips and they will filter down when you water or it rains. If you want to add it to water, they recommend 1-2 tablespoons per gallon. I just dump some in until I feel like it's enough...I'm not much on measuring things. :gig

Latest posts