Every Vine Dies Help

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have about 20 planters lining the driveway and 3 window boxes all done in annuls every year. I have planted urns with wave petunia. Was hoping to cut back on number of annuals I plant every spring. Because of their size it takes a few flats for one urn. I think frozen roots might be it Hydrangea are planted in middle while vines planted along edge. I was tempted to plant wisteria, but was afraid their roots would crack the urns which where $$$$.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have never been able to overwinter a hydrangea, but find it impossible to kill or fully remove a vine. We put straw on on the pots we want to overwinter it works sometimes, sometimes not.
I love them and plant many I dont think I ever lost one. A lot of mine are from late fall clearance, I planted them days before winter cold and all make till spring

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve had a clematis in a pot for several years now. In fact I moved it to a different pot and location and also planted another one with it. It does well.

you are in a very different climate from us up here. :) the planters get hotter/drier in the summer and colder/frozen in the winter (not counting wind-chill). i'm not sure of @Nyboy 's driveway (if it is blacktop or cement and how much shade), but that can also be a factor for some plants.

Latest posts