Everything is slowly dying...

jemagsy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I use garden swales for my rows and wells on my mounds to collect rain and help it slowly seep into the ground. One of my gardens is on a fairly steep hill so it would wash everything out if I didn't slow it down. Originally I was using them to help hold back water and a few other methods in case we had yet another year of drought, but I have also found them helpful in preventing erosion and diverting water to my more water loving veggies, etc. Also all you need is a shovel, so it's fairly economical.

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Interesting to note the differences around this one state. Here in Aiken, we get about one rain event a week. So I do all the watering.
Im sorry to hear about your problems - sounds like raised beds could help.
Either way, there's some work ahead.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Augustmomx2 said:
Oh my gosh :( I just checked out your blog the other day and was admiring how nice it is. I'm so sorry and I'll be sending sunshiney, dry vibes your way :coolsun
Thanks Augustmom! :D
I really enjoy sharing my garden with everyone out there - but ever since summer hit I haven't been good about updating the blog! Today I chose to go out on our boat rather than take pictures! I really need to get an update, as some things came back and some others died...
By the way, the sun has been shining brightly (and hotly) for the past week and I am finally getting to use the water in my rain barrel! Thanks for the vibes everyone!

Latest posts