Everything is turning Green!!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
with algae...that is. We have had so much rain here lately. Almost daily. Everything outside, and some things inside.....are starting to compost. :barnie

We have vinyl siding on the house. On the Woodshop/garage, on the extra build on we use for the master bedroom. On the store front building. On the two mailboxes out by the road. On all of the treated lumber. On the potting shed. On the chicken tractors, and the netting over the run. On all of the concrete..and we have lots. :eek:
I have been watching it all turn GREEN, followed by the snail trails as they eat their way through all of the yummy green stuff.

So this morning... I pulled out the sprayer once again....filled with the water/bleach dilute....and sprayed as much algae as I could. I usually only have to do it once a year. But this year...I have lost count.
I had just gotten the woodshop, the tin shed and coop, mostly dried out from the mud and flooding. That lasted 2 days.

Pffft. :he :idunno

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe the south east seaboard will become the new rainforest in the US, since the Pacific north west rainforest seems to be drying out.
(Or is Olympia still getting lots of moisture?)

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Have you ever used "Wet and Forget"? I use it and you don't have to do as often. The rain and when you have sun keep the green down. More expensive than bleach but don't have to do as often.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sun? What sun :confused: We have seen sun...1x....in a month..or more :( :idunno

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Maybe the south east seaboard will become the new rainforest in the US, since the Pacific north west rainforest seems to be drying out.
(Or is Olympia still getting lots of moisture?)

I was wondering how the PNW is faring these days. We went from drought to .......composted :th

We seem to be getting all of their weather on this side of the map.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to wash algae off the interior walls when living on the northern California coast.

Shoes in the closets would turn black. Obviously, they should have been outdoors more often but I had to wear Wellingtons because of the puddles.

I had chronic bronchitis, only staying well enuf so that I could smoke cigarettes
smiley_looney.gif

Steve
Edit: Seattle had its quota of October rain, and then some. They were typically unwilling to share with their inland neighbors.

Last edited:

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It has gone absolutely crazy humid here lately Steve. And daily. Continuous.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Have you ever used "Wet and Forget"? I use it and you don't have to do as often. The rain and when you have sun keep the green down. More expensive than bleach but don't have to do as often.

It may or may not be sold here even, pjn. I bought a deck wash one year, but I haven't used it yet. It was very expensive...compared to the $2.00+ for a bottle of bleach.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in the PNW all of the hardware and big box stores sell Moss Out to kill moss on roofs, driveways, sidewaalks, etc.. The active ingrediant is iron sulfate, the same iron sulfate one can buy as a fertilizer at 1/3 the price. That is what I use !!! :th

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm....I'll need to google some. Moss Out. Thanks Bob!

Latest posts