Excaliber Dehydrater 9 tray

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling her excaliber 9 tray for $150 or best offer. Is this a good price? I don't know anything about them. Am slightly interested since I love beef jerky and have thought of making some.

Mary

Last edited:

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are so large they can cost $25-30 just to ship. That seems like a fair price if it is in nice shape. It is a plus if it has a built-in timer as those models are more expensive.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
JUMP ALL OVER THAT!!! I have the Excalibur 3900 and I love it. If it has the solid sheets, you can puree fruit and make your own fruit roll up snacks.
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Go get it NOW! :weee

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I think I'll pass. I'm trying not to have so many gadgets and I really don't think I would use it that much. By the way, the picture she posted looked like the sheets were not smooth but with rigids.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dream is to own an Excalibur dehydrator. Saving up for one. Price is good. *hmmm*

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go for it @Carol Dee!!!!!
A friend gave me a dehydrator this past fall (not Excalibur, one of the round ones...?) I haven't used it yet but am excited to start.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
It depends on how many tray the dehydrator has and a couple other things. They can sometimes be found for under $100 on Ebay with free shipping.
The one we have, not a Excalibur, was picked up at a garage sale for a few dollars.

If you already have a dehydrator that has gotten too small, then the proper model Excalibur would be a good idea.

Latest posts