Excuses, Excuses....

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like it Thistle! This year's biggest failures were cauliflower, eggplant, those stupid worthless pickelbush cucumbers, and worst of all, the large limb that broke off the big peach tree the other day because I didn't get around to propping it up. I'll get some pics of other miserable failures that I'm sure are out there.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OHYEAH, i'm winning this one!! I don't have any entries for biggest anything, but i got failures!! My garlic harvest was pretty measly this year...do you think we should divide it into several contests 1.) total absolute failure, no edible harvest (like monty's eggplants, haha) 2.) smallest most pitiful harvest (maybe compared to the amount of worthless plant material produced...like my zucchini last year that grew a HUUUUUGE plant but no zucchini :/ )

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Eggplant and cauliflower, Heather ;) I've got that one in the bag...well, I didn't get anything in the bag...but that's just the point right???

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update, to all you who sent caring words and prayers: DH is showing definite improvement. He is exercising, gaining weight, showing interest in a few things. The prayers are working! And the medication is working! Slow but sure. Thank you all. Thank you God. :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know, So Lucky, up here in the woods where folks live a mile apart from each other with hills, forest, and lake between, and it might be a raven flying mile but to get there is 4 or 5 miles on the road, we have all kinds of folks. Yes, one neighbor couple 4 raven flying miles away is actually normal and regular like myself, but most of them are, welllll, off some kind of wall.

Steve B., for example is a vietnam vet, camo wearing, pseudoconstant militia kinda guy with post traumatic stress disorder. But he's a good guy, just well, kinda nuts. What he does to cope is to have a sense of humor about it all. Some kids had those big water guns they have these days, so he, with his native american girlfriend sitting and laughing watching, turned their game into something like an urban warfare game. He held a water gun like an m16 and did the whole routine, shooting water from behind trees and things. I kinda joined in and got all sopping wet! Total all out fun.

There's another guy who is similar. I don't even know his name. Not sure if anyone does. I hear tell he lives on the other side of Sanhedrin Mountain. That guy is scary. Luckily I've only even seen him twice in 5 years. He does not deal with his whatever he has in any kind of positive way, but at least he mostly keeps to himself. I was going in the door at the resort while he was coming out and I said, woop, sorry, almost bumped into him. He does not watch for others in a normal way, like he's the only person around. He just said something like out of my way all grumpy. Made me shiver!

Some folks up here are born with silver or gold spoons in their mouths, yet several of them are loony as they come, total all out weaklings, driving brand new cars. The kind that need to be the big frog even if it has to be at a small pond.

=====

So Lucky, my advise is to try and let your DH have his paranoia with a sense of humor. Might as well! If "THEY" are going to get him, he may as well let "THEM" get him while he's having fun. See, "THEY" are really smart. (Gotta see it that way). "THEY" can get him if he's on his toes ready for "THEM", or if he's not ready for "THEM". So, let your DH know that "THEY" may as well get him while he's having fun!

This way, "THEY" did not take away his enjoyment of life while he yet had life. Let his motto be:

THEY CAN TAKE MY LIFE, BUT THEY CAN'T TAKE MY FUN

That way, he WINS!

=====

Right now I have to go check on trees falling. I can hear that telltale pop crashing sound. Hopefully it's on the hill behind the campsites. The oak trees have that fungus phytopthphora disease around here, and some fall each year. I have to report if they fall on campsites.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well said Marshall. My brother was a Marine, Viet Nam vet and he had PTSD. He coped with it, but there were those moments.......

SoLucky, glad things are getting better for you and your husband. I hope things continue to improve. Sending big hugs. :hugs

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's good to hear So Lucky! I wish you all the best and I'm so happy that your dh is on the upswing. It's so wonderful when the sun shines and we've been under a cloud for so long! Thank God indeed! :) :hugs

Latest posts