Fabalous or Tacky

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you asked seller what they are made of? I suppose you could put a plant on top to trail down. I'm not too crazy about them. But that's just me. They do look like rook pieces.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why add more huge pieces ... it will just make your place out of proportion and appear cluttered when added to your existing statuary resulting in a tacky landscape and have less curb appeal. :idunno

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
They would look nice in the right spot. I don't have one. I'd be watching out for the Red Queen instead of getting my gardening done.

I have a catalog full of such lawn ornaments. I'll post the address if I can find it. There are certainly nicer statuary to be had than that. The price is pretty close to what I'd expect.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob I have 4 acres, what you see as cluttered I see as a vignette. Oh red I just assumed they where old. Part of the appeal was one of a kind. For sure don't want if out of a catalog.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why add more huge pieces ... it will just make your place out of proportion and appear cluttered when added to your existing statuary resulting in a tacky landscape and have less curb appeal. :idunno
bobm, we don't know what the rest of his yard looks like or where he would place them. I think it's presupptious of you to make that remark. For all we know, he might take them to this country home.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary I love to place garden ornments deep in my woods. Sometimes I might only see them 2x a year. It the surprise of walking down a trail and coming up on a urn or fountain. Some you will only see after all the leaves have fallen. To each their own.

Latest posts