stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
FARM DAY/CHICKEN SWAP 2011

WHERE ???

TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY (TSC) #1464
1770 MAIN ST
SANFORD ME 04073

May 7th will be the very first FARM DAY/CHICKEN SWAP held at this new TSC location.

Come and join the fun - buy, sell, trade or swap

New schedule of events:

JUNE 11TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JUNE 25TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JULY 9TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JULY 23RD - 9 AM TO 1 PM
AUGUST 6TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
AUGUST 20TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 10TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 24TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM

-----------------------------

VENDOR'S NEEDED :

IF YOU SELL OR NEED TO SELL
LIVESTOCK, POULTRY, WATERFOWL, RABBITS, FARM CRAFTS, FARM PRODUCE, GOAT SOAP AND OTHER FARM ANIMAL RELATED PRODUCTS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO JOIN US.

NO SET UP FEES

IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH VENDOR TO ABIDE BY STATE OF MAINE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.

IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH VENDOR TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE SHELTER, CAGING, WATER AND FOOD FOR THEIR ANIMALS.

IT WILL ALSO BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH VENDOR TO CLEAN UP THEIR AREAS WHEN LEAVING.

QUESTIONS ????

CONTACT COORDINATOR: Bob Stano at bobandmichellestano@yahoo.com

If you plan on coming as a vendor drop me an email & let us know what you plan on bringing.

This will be our very first season at the Tractor Supply co. (TSC) in Sanford, Maine and we want to make it a successful showing for the season. It also allows us to determine the space we need for the swap

--------------------

Maine State Law:

MAINE RULES AND REGS ON SALES OF LIVESTOCK, POULTRY, WATERFOWL, MILK, CHEESE

http://www.maine.gov/agriculture/ahi/ahisr.html

5A. SCRAPIE TAGS FOR SHEEP AND GOATS ONLY TO APPLY FOR INTRASTATE MOVEMENT. VENDORS COMING FROM OTHER STATES TO SELL SHEEP OR GOATS NEED TO HAVE SCRAPIE TAGS OR INDENTS.

5B. birds do not need to be in the NPIP Program. Its great if your birds are Typhoid & Pollorum tested to keep these diseases out of US.

The only time you need to have tested birds is at a fair/show.

The only stipulations are that at public events in Maine you have to sell any birds under 8 weeks old in lots of 6, above the 8 weeks, they can go one at a time. Now, from your house or farm you can sell singular birds of any age.

You must purchase 6 from the one family the chicks are raised in, not 1 bird here, 1 bird there. (I believe its the pecking order and younger chicks could be harmed)

NO PROCESSING OR NEUTERING OF ANIMALS

Mammals must be completely weaned and minimum of 8 weeks old.

RULES FOR OUT OF STATE VENDORS

http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/01/001/001c206.doc

VENDORS DO NOT NEED A VENDORS LICENSE UNLESS THE VENDOR BUYS LIVESTOCK, POULTRY OR WATERFOWL TO RE-SELL

Certificate of Veterinary Inspection: A legible certificate signed by an accredited veterinarian and approved by the chief livestock official of the state or country of origin stating that the animals are free from signs of contagious, infectious and communicable diseases and containing the following:

1. An official identification number, or identification satisfactory to the commissioner, for each animal

2. Age, sex and breed of each animal

3. The results of any qualifying test

4. The exact address of consignor (sender) and consignee (receiver).

5. The expected date of entry

NH & out of state residents should have a copy of their NPIP form to show that the flocks of origin for their birds were NPIP certified.

Rule Chapters for the Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Resources
01 001 Agriculture General

http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/01/chaps01.htm

See you all at the swap

&

Thanks for reading about our swap

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Less than 30 days and the very first Farm Day starts at the Tractor Supply store in Sanford, Maine.

All are welcome to attend. Come sell, buy or swap.

Need information? Contact bob stano at bobandmichellestano@yahoo.com

See ya at the swap.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
In 3 weeks on May 7th the very first Farm Day will be held at this Tractor Supply Company store.

If you want to sell some of your livestock, poultry, waterfowl, rabbits, small farm animals, crafts, plants, farm produce, farm or garden equipment of all kinds then come to the swap.

Need more information, just email me at bobandmichellestano@yahoo.com

See Ya At The Swap

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
2 weeks to go until the very first Farm Day at the Tractor Supply store in Sanford, Maine.

Swap is at 9 am to 2 pm - setting up time is from 8:30 am. I'll try and be there at 8 am when they open to find out where we will be setting up at.

I should be bringing Black Australorp Chick, 4 week old and 1 or 2 day old as well. Also 2 Alpine X Nubian doe's 1 year old.

Anybody coming?

See ya at the swap.

bob

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stano, I live in Washington So it would be way out of my way to go. It does sound like something I would go to though. Good luck!

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Been to Washington, beautiful area. I was visiting a friend there who owned wings of destiny a bird store.

There will be a chicken swap in Augusta this April 30th at the Tractor Supply Store.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We're in the home stretch for our 1st swap this year. Some great people are coming and we're praying for good weather ..... think positive .... no rain, no rain, no rain.

I'll have 10 month old black australorp chicks, a big bag of soy meal (unopened), the incubator is cranking out more australorp chicks and I will bring those as well.

If anyone is interested in raw goats milk I can bring that along. I have about 6 gallons of frozen goats milk available for those who like to make soaps, salves, or other goodies just let me know because I have to load a picnic thinga-ma-bob to keep it frozen.

See ya at the swap.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
COME ONE, COME ALL TO THE SWAP - Tomorrow is the first of many Farm Day swaps to be held at the Tractor Supply Company store in Sanford, Me. See ya at the swap

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
So the swap day is finnaly here stano.
We have been reading all the posts on the build up to the swap, hope you give us an update on any trades, sales, or purchases you make. good luck today!