Farm Day - Tractor Supply Co., Sanford, Maine

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What an AWESOME first swap. Weather forecast leading up to the swap kept showing thunder storms. The morning of the swap was clearing and by 8 am the skies were clear with temperatures rising to the mid 60's.

We had over 10 sellers come to the swap, and a lot of people who couldn't wait for the swap to start. Everybody did well.

Among the sellers stock were poultry, rabbits, waterfowl, goats, crafts, survival & aroma therapy products.

We sold 4 goats and a bunch of month old black australorp chickens.

We met so many great people selling and buying. TSC loved the swap and said they had a slammin' day of sales.

Everybody left happy.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

A big thanks to all those who made this first swap a big success.

Next Farm Day Swap in on June 11th.

Hope to see you all at the swap.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The lady selling them lives in Standish, Maine and as soon as she arrived she sold it for $175.00. I snapped that photo before she went to deliver it.

Here's her post's on craigslist that show better detail of the coop.

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2358533339.html

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2366018275.html

They were nicely done.

Just to let NH residents know that there is no set up fee's for any swaps in Maine. For NH residents to sell poultry & waterfowl all they need is their NPIP certificate. For goats they would need scrapie tags and Identifying health certificate.

Sounds like a lot but there were several NH sellers there and they did very well.

Next swap at Sanford TSC in June 11th.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Her husband makes them.

JenEric, I pm'd you

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
June 11th is the next Farm Day swap TSC Sanford, Me. and I hope to see everyone there again.

TSC asked me the other day if we could run a Farm Day swap twice a month and I agreed.

The new schedule of events are:

JUNE 11TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JUNE 25TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JULY 9TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JULY 23RD - 9 AM TO 1 PM
AUGUST 6TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
AUGUST 20TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 10TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 24TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM

Right now this is the proposed schedule I'll be giving to TSC (Sanford), but I'm pretty sure the dates will stand.

Would love to hear from everyone on what they think about extending the swap season.

Still looking for more people to sell their farm equipment, garden plants/veggies, livestock, poultry, waterfowl or other small animals.

Let's all hope for good weather and big crowds.

See ya at the swap.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stano, i was just wondering if you might think there would be some interest in some stained glass items like animal/farm related sun catchers or small window panes for coops?