Farm Day - Tractor Supply Co., Sanford, Maine

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sure, we only had two people with crafts and the fellow with the bird house's said he did well there.

The stained glass window panes might spark an interest for the lady who makes the brooders and coop's.

Love to have you come to the swap.

bob

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my DH also likes to make tye-dye t-shirts. which we've sold in past years at a flea market and did well with them. this year they upped the price of the space and the cost of the table they used to supply and it is much more than we would like to pay and travel to it! we're planning on doing most of our selling from our home by having yard/garage sales.

but i figure it is easier to sell the shirts and craft items at a venue than at a yard sale!

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Cool, I haven't seen a tye dye shirt since the 60's. I used to date this girl back then who tye dye'd just about everything and walked around bare foot whenever she could.

Anyways, there's is NO SPACE FEE'S but you would have to provide your own table if you choose to use one.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Listed below is the new swap schedule for TSC Sanford.

One of the changes may come about if everyone would want the weekend during labor day weekend, Sept. 3rd. I have the swap starting Sept. on the 10th but TSC would want it on the 3rd. They say they holiday weekends are the busiest and Sept. 4th is their 1 year soft opening anniversary.

The new schedule of events are
JUNE 11TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JUNE 25TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JULY 9TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
JULY 23RD - 9 AM TO 1 PM
AUGUST 6TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
AUGUST 20TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 10TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 24TH - 9 AM TO 1 PM

If anybody wants the swap on the 3rd please email me or post it on this thread. I need to let TSC know how much interest their is on this day and I will have to change the dates in September to reflect every 2 weeks.

I also started a Facebook page for the Farm Day Sanford at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-Day-Chicken-Swap-Sanford-Me/148682458536970?sk=info

I'll try and keep it up with update information and schedule dates.

See Ya At The Swap

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
June 11th is coming up next. I'll be bringing about 10 month old and 21 1 week old Black Australorp chicks for sale. I also have about 3 rolls of used chicken wire for free if anybody wants them I'll bring them along.

Getting a lot of talk from the Sanford TSC about people coming to the next swap, including a person selling pigs.

Always looking for others who sell plants, produce, farm crafts, soaps and lotions & farm equipment.

See ya all at the swap.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The June 11th Farm Day swap was bigger than ever with loads of new people selling and buying poultry, livestock, crafts and wholesome baked goods. The swap was tied into the TSC rabies and dog training event which brought in a lot of people.

The swap started off with a bang but didn't last due to the rain eventually making impossible to continue. All in all it was a great swap and I can't thank everyone who came and made it a success again.

Tried to take as many photo's as I could of all the people selling and buying. If I missed anyone I apologize.

The next swap is on June 25th from 9 am to 1 pm.

Here's a few photo's of the swap.

313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

316.jpg

317.jpg

325.jpg

319.jpg

320.jpg

321.jpg

322.jpg

323.jpg

327.jpg

See ya at the next swap - June 25th TSC Sanford, Maine 9am to 1 pm

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Last swap was bigger than the last despite the weather. Come and join the fun.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Last June swap was really great despite the weather and the rain at the beginning of the swap.

Sorry no photo's this time, I forgot my camera.

We had a decent crowd and everybody was happy.

I learned the the TSC in Scarborough, Maine will be having a farm day of their own starting this July 16th.

Next Sanford, maine TSC swap is on July 9th from 9 am to 1 pm.

See ya at the swap

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi ya everybody,

The next TSC swap for Sanford, Maine is July 9th from 9 am to 1 pm.

Every one chant .... no rain ... no rain .... no rain

I managed to buy a very nice bulletin board at a yard sale, so I'll have the dates posted and if anyone has business cards they can post those on the board.

I'll be bringing the remainder of my black australorp chick's which are now a month old, also some leopard gecko's.

Trying to entice people that sell produce, bakery goods, plants, goat cheese, milk.

I would appreciate it if you know anyone who would be interested please pass the word.

Sellers don't forget to clean up your area when you leave.

Thanks and see ya at the swap.

bob and michelle

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
do you think anyone might be interested in a poultry bug spray? i have my own recipe that i have been using on my own birds and it has been very effective at killing and keeping the bugs off! it is based off a fellow BYCer's recipe that i got from her!

i may also bring a few large dog crates i no longer need.

Latest posts