Farm Day - Tractor Supply Co., Sanford, Maine

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It's September and the Farm Day swap is still going strong. With new people stopping by to buy, sell & ask questions the fun never stops.

Tibbetts Family Farm produce has been a hit at the swap and I've noticed people driving by has been stopping in to check us out.

I can't tell you how great this year has been with all the wonderful people coming to sell and showing their support for the swap. If you haven't been to a swap now is the time to check it out.

The swap will continue until and including the first 2 weeks in October. With weather permitting the Sanford TSC swaps will have 3 more weeks to buy & sell for the 2011 season.

003-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-6.jpg

011-6.jpg

013-4.jpg

014-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

FarmDaySept102011006-4.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the photo's.

bob

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wish i could have made it over there yesterday. i had some work to get done around the house so i couldn't escape very far from home. i won't be able to make the next one either :(

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We're still running the swaps so far until and including October 8th.

Enjoyed you being there.

Wendy was at the swap this time always nice to see her again also.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The Oct 1st Farm Day swap will be CANCELED due to 70% chance of rain that has been forecasted for this Saturday.

The next swap date is October 8th.

I guess our luck ran out with all that good weather we've had this past summer.

See ya at the next swap.

bob

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Stano do you know of any silkie pullets for sale I need a couple any color...Thanks Pam

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Deb I didnt see it but have printed out the coupon and will pick up a bag this week...

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

This is it .... the last Farm Day for 2011 at the Tractor Supply store in Sanford, Maine. After last weeks rain out I am hoping for a big turnout for the last swap of the year.

Weather for this Saturday is going to be good. Sunny. Warmer with highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds. It's supposed to be in the 60's in the morning warming up to the mid 70's. Looks like a perfect day for the swap.

We will bringing some baby chicks, a japanese roo, & maybe a pair of cameo peacocks. Don't miss out on the best swap in Maine.

Time to start thinking for next year. tentatively I've been thinking of starting next years swaps on the 2nd of 4th week in May. Then every weekend starting in June. Also an idea for the opening of next year is to have a raffle of a 50 lb. sack of feed. If anyone has any ideas and would like to help promote the swap please contact me.

See ya all at the swap this Saturday .... Don't miss it.

Pam, All the silkie's I've been seeing were roo's. Joe, one of the sellers at the swap usually comes in with a bunch and he might have a pullet.

bob

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow! What a great year at the swaps. Our first year for the Farm Day Swaps is at an end and I'm missing all the great people we've met already.

There was a great selection of poultry, waterfowl, equine, goats, farm equipment, steers, even alpaca's and all the great buys at the Tractor Supply store. Late in the season Tibbett's family farm joined us and became a big hit.

I want to thank everybody who came to the swap that made it a great success, especially Tractor Supply in Sanford, Maine who allowed us to have our swap. It was our extreme pleasure to meet everybody and make new friends.

The 2012 season is pretty much set with the 2012 Farm Day swaps starting the 2nd & 4th weekend's in May and then starting in June every weekend until the 2nd weekend in October. Time is still 9 am to 1 pm unless everyone wish's to change the ending time to 2 pm. I've notice many of us stayed well after the 1 pm closing time and picked up late buyers stopping by the swap during that time period.

One of the ideas for next season is to have a raffle for that day of either a 50 lb bag of feed or a gift card for TSC. I'm leaning towards a gift card that way the winner can use it on any purchase at any TSC.

I would like to invite everybody to submit there name or company name for a listing of sellers for next year. If you choose you can also include your email address and phone numbers. This listing would be posted on a website or poster as information for buyers to contact that seller.

During this winter I'll check into starting a website for the Farm Day Swap. Sanford, Maine. I've got a seperate page on my facebook for the swaps and it is drawing some attention. The page is listed as Farm Day Sanford, Maine.

I'll keep everybody notified of when the 2012 swap season starts including posting about the Farm Day swaps on Chicken Chatter.org, backyard chickens.com, self sufficient.com, backyard herds.com, easy garden.com and chicken crossing,org.
Again to all who came a very big THANK YOU for participating at the Farm Day Swap's; Tractor Supply in Sanford, Maine.

bob and michelle stano

Here's a few photo's from the very last swap for 2011.

Chickie's momma was there as well as Tibbetts Family Farm, Joe who always has a good selection of ducks, and the mini-lop rabbit farm was there. Of course we were there to with baby chicks, a japanese roo & we took in a golden laced wyandotte, who is available to anyone who wants him.

001-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

Thanks for viewing my thread and the photo's.

See ya all at the swap in 2012 - starting May 12th 2012

Latest posts